I am hoping one thing we unveil on offense with Reggie at QB is.....

V

vitamin c

the option. I would love to see the flex bone (ala Friedgen) and run the option some. I know QB's are vulnerable when running the option but I would love to see it some. For those that have been to practice........how strong does Reggie's arm look? and.....can can he throw the deep ball-I mean can he throw the deep ball and let the receivers adjust? That was a problem last year and why we didnt throw vertical alot because AJ throws a line drive deep ball and receivers couldn't adjust.

Originally posted by vitamin c:
the option. I would love to see the flex bone (ala Friedgen) and run the option some. I know QB's are vulnerable when running the option but I would love to see it some. For those that have been to practice........how strong does Reggie's arm look? and.....can can he throw the deep ball-I mean can he throw the deep ball and let the receivers adjust? That was a problem last year and why we didnt throw vertical alot because AJ throws a line drive deep ball and receivers couldn't adjust.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">unveil??? Don't you mean dust off?

Who cares if it's unveil or dust off? We need to start talking football and not acting like dang 2nd graders.

Originally posted by BarrelORum:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by vitamin c:
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">unveil??? Don't you mean dust off?</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I think it's unveil because it wouldnt be Freidgen's option that is for damn sure.

Watching bits of the FSU game from last year, I liked the play where the QB lined up in the shotgun and tossed it out wide to the RB (PJ I think) who rumbled up the sidelines for several yards. That play worked really well for big yardage on more than one occasion. Maybe we'll bring that back.

Is it just me or is this just a really touchy monday for some people?

Originally posted by BarrelORum:
Is it just me or is this just a really touchy monday for some people?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">ARE YOU TALKINNA ME!!??

Agree. i wonder if Chan will bring it out. It is a key component of the Fridge offense to keep defensive teams out of sync. Remeber though this is Chan's offense. I would look for more of a pro style using the west coast offense as a base for passing. Short passes that are closer to runs and control the ball. I think we will see (Please dont waste him) Bilbo in a slash type of roll that get him alot of touches. Think swing pass with linemen pulling in front of him and him on the run. Can throw out of this as well.

Originally posted by gtmg:
Agree. I wonder if Chan will bring it out. It is a key component of the Fridge offense to keep defensive teams out of sync. Remeber though this is Chan's offense. I would look for more of a pro style using the west coast offense as a base for passing. Short passes that are closer to runs and control the ball. I think we will see (Please dont waste him) Bilbo in a slash type of roll that get him alot of touches. Think swing pass with linemen pulling in front of him and him on the run. Can throw out of this as well.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I agree that this is Chan's offense. Therefore, I see a lot of running off tackle. The slash roll is fine if it is a trick play once or twice a year, but that would be it. Let him heave it long, but gimmicks dont work long term and Bilbo is none too accurate. Even though he says we will use tight ends more I dont believe it until I see it. In this offense, it seems you could use tight ends effectively but we'll see. I just hope it doesnt look all like the Dallas and Miami Dolphins' offenses- BORING. Maybe he has learned a thing or 2 since then- and that is the VERTICAL, ATTACKING OFFENSE. And you can do that with the West Coast as you mentioned. But it takes a good read by the QB- like Godsey against Clemson in 2000. That was the perfect West Coast (even though Billy O'Brien said Godsey made 5 wrong reads on the drive!)

Originally posted by The Gnome of Zurich:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by gtmg:
Agree. I wonder if Chan will bring it out. It is a key component of the Fridge offense to keep defensive teams out of sync. Remeber though this is Chan's offense. I would look for more of a pro style using the west coast offense as a base for passing. Short passes that are closer to runs and control the ball. I think we will see (Please dont waste him) Bilbo in a slash type of roll that get him alot of touches. Think swing pass with linemen pulling in front of him and him on the run. Can throw out of this as well.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I agree that this is Chan's offense. Therefore, I see a lot of running off tackle. The slash roll is fine if it is a trick play once or twice a year, but that would be it. Let him heave it long, but gimmicks dont work long term and Bilbo is none too accurate. Even though he says we will use tight ends more I dont believe it until I see it. In this offense, it seems you could use tight ends effectively but we'll see. I just hope it doesnt look all like the Dallas and Miami Dolphins' offenses- BORING. Maybe he has learned a thing or 2 since then- and that is the VERTICAL, ATTACKING OFFENSE. And you can do that with the West Coast as you mentioned. But it takes a good read by the QB- like Godsey against Clemson in 2000. That was the perfect West Coast (even though Billy O'Brien said Godsey made 5 wrong reads on the drive!)</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Ya the only wrong read Tech made against Clemson on that drive was the fans thinking BOB knew what he was talking about.

Originally posted by 33jacket:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by The Gnome of Zurich:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by gtmg:
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I agree that this is Chan's offense. Therefore, I see a lot of running off tackle. The slash roll is fine if it is a trick play once or twice a year, but that would be it. Let him heave it long, but gimmicks dont work long term and Bilbo is none too accurate. Even though he says we will use tight ends more I dont believe it until I see it. In this offense, it seems you could use tight ends effectively but we'll see. I just hope it doesnt look all like the Dallas and Miami Dolphins' offenses- BORING. Maybe he has learned a thing or 2 since then- and that is the VERTICAL, ATTACKING OFFENSE. And you can do that with the West Coast as you mentioned. But it takes a good read by the QB- like Godsey against Clemson in 2000. That was the perfect West Coast (even though Billy O'Brien said Godsey made 5 wrong reads on the drive!)</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Ya the only wrong read Tech made against Clemson on that drive was the fans thinking BOB knew what he was talking about.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Yea, like the Seattle Bowl offense. Of course, that drive against Clemson was engineered by Friedgen and Godsey, but BOB was the QB coach and Friedgen's eyes in the sky. As O'Leary and Friedgen said, BOB is a great young coach- There's always a learning curve.

West coast style offense has more potential to leave our defense on the field for long periods of time.

I hate to quote one of our sworn enimies, but Vince Dooley used to say that three things can happen on a pass play and two of them are bad. I would rather see a predominantly running game and clock control. Our "D" has gotten too worn out in too many games over the last several years

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by 33jacket:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by The Gnome of Zurich:
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I agree that this is Chan's offense. Therefore, I see a lot of running off tackle. The slash roll is fine if it is a trick play once or twice a year, but that would be it. Let him heave it long, but gimmicks dont work long term and Bilbo is none too accurate. Even though he says we will use tight ends more I dont believe it until I see it. In this offense, it seems you could use tight ends effectively but we'll see. I just hope it doesnt look all like the Dallas and Miami Dolphins' offenses- BORING. Maybe he has learned a thing or 2 since then- and that is the VERTICAL, ATTACKING OFFENSE. And you can do that with the West Coast as you mentioned. But it takes a good read by the QB- like Godsey against Clemson in 2000. That was the perfect West Coast (even though Billy O'Brien said Godsey made 5 wrong reads on the drive!)</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Ya the only wrong read Tech made against Clemson on that drive was the fans thinking BOB knew what he was talking about.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Yea, like the Seattle Bowl offense. Of course, that drive against Clemson was engineered by Friedgen and Godsey, but BOB was the QB coach and Friedgen's eyes in the sky. As O'Leary and Friedgen said, BOB is a great young coach- There's always a learning curve.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Learning curve....do you call two years of mediocre offense a learning curve? We may have had two games of great gameplanning. Seattle bowl and???? Actually one game.

Originally posted by 33jacket:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by 33jacket:
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I agree that this is Chan's offense. Therefore, I see a lot of running off tackle. The slash roll is fine if it is a trick play once or twice a year, but that would be it. Let him heave it long, but gimmicks dont work long term and Bilbo is none too accurate. Even though he says we will use tight ends more I dont believe it until I see it. In this offense, it seems you could use tight ends effectively but we'll see. I just hope it doesnt look all like the Dallas and Miami Dolphins' offenses- BORING. Maybe he has learned a thing or 2 since then- and that is the VERTICAL, ATTACKING OFFENSE. And you can do that with the West Coast as you mentioned. But it takes a good read by the QB- like Godsey against Clemson in 2000. That was the perfect West Coast (even though Billy O'Brien said Godsey made 5 wrong reads on the drive!)</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Ya the only wrong read Tech made against Clemson on that drive was the fans thinking BOB knew what he was talking about.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Yea, like the Seattle Bowl offense. Of course, that drive against Clemson was engineered by Friedgen and Godsey, but BOB was the QB coach and Friedgen's eyes in the sky. As O'Leary and Friedgen said, BOB is a great young coach- There's always a learning curve.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Learning curve....do you call two years of mediocre offense a learning curve? We may have had two games of great gameplanning. Seattle bowl and???? Actually one game.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Well, just wait for the Run but dont Break Offense and see how many points we score. I am not saying BOB did a great job, but the philosophies of the HC and OC have to be in line to have a chance at being successful. And delegating the responsibility is easier said than done. And now they are in line so I hope we average more than 14 points a game like we did the last 4 games of the '02 year.

The prospect of having a different QB is exciting in and of itself.

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I agree that this is Chan's offense. Therefore, I see a lot of running off tackle. The slash roll is fine if it is a trick play once or twice a year, but that would be it. Let him heave it long, but gimmicks dont work long term and Bilbo is none too accurate. Even though he says we will use tight ends more I dont believe it until I see it. In this offense, it seems you could use tight ends effectively but we'll see. I just hope it doesnt look all like the Dallas and Miami Dolphins' offenses- BORING. Maybe he has learned a thing or 2 since then- and that is the VERTICAL, ATTACKING OFFENSE. And you can do that with the West Coast as you mentioned. But it takes a good read by the QB- like Godsey against Clemson in 2000. That was the perfect West Coast (even though Billy O'Brien said Godsey made 5 wrong reads on the drive!)</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Ya the only wrong read Tech made against Clemson on that drive was the fans thinking BOB knew what he was talking about.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Yea, like the Seattle Bowl offense. Of course, that drive against Clemson was engineered by Friedgen and Godsey, but BOB was the QB coach and Friedgen's eyes in the sky. As O'Leary and Friedgen said, BOB is a great young coach- There's always a learning curve.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Learning curve....do you call two years of mediocre offense a learning curve? We may have had two games of great gameplanning. Seattle bowl and???? Actually one game.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Well, just wait for the Run but dont Break Offense and see how many points we score. I am not saying BOB did a great job, but the philosophies of the HC and OC have to be in line to have a chance at being successful. And delegating the responsibility is easier said than done. And now they are in line so I hope we average more than 14 points a game like we did the last 4 games of the '02 year.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Isn't this annoying as hell?

Please, if you are going to quote somebody delete all of the text that is no longer relavent.

Kirbee, I agree with you, about deleting unnecessary quotes.

It makes the threads unnecessarily long and hard to follow.

Father Time

Back