I encourage you...

GT98

Dodd-Like
to attend a practice before they are closed for BYU game prep. Attended friday's w/a friend...a few observations:

--players look better conditioned as opposed to last year (bigger as well)

--n. curry looks fantastic. he caught everything thrown to him and looks 100% from his injury. his return will be a welcome addition.

--r. grant looks physically identical to charlie rogers (slightly heavier), same gait, nice shifty moves--he will play a lot this year (wears #3 as well)

--kenny scott (#2)--looks like an athlete and will play quite a bit

--nick moore (#44)--good tackler, likes to hit

and finally, reggie ball (#1). we were kinda shocked to see Bilbo at running back as well. unfortunatley for him, he could not change from being awesome one play to woeful the next. fortunately, running back may be a position that allows him to take advantage of his fantastic athleticism. he hit linebackers hard in one-on-one running back drills. i hope he approaches this change as a chance to simply go out and make plays; with his frame and speed, he could be a force at RB if the position change doesn't effect him too much mentally.

reggie ball has something that we did not have last year at QB-- PRESENCE. his throws have a nice, crisp delivery. also, he seems to approach every play at game speed (as opposed to practice speed) and rolls out nicely. made a handful of nice plays after rolling out and looking downfield. the biggest thing that has seperated ball from the other QB's is his command and consistentency. is he the second coming? dunno no. will he make mistakes this year--you bet. however, he really looks like he gives us the best chance to win this year and the future. i expect him to start on the 28th.

THANKS GT98. I miss your posts. You always seem to attend practice and offer good insights on your observations. That alone has always made you one of my favorite posters. You're definitely a big GT fan who wants nothing but the best for the program.

Thanks again for the stuff about Friday's practice. Keep it coming when you can!

Back