I feel good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

techrod

Flats Noob
Just had an update on the hive from Greg and it was quite enlightening!!! Here is his outlook as of now. Anoai-Gt imo this would be very good, Scott-Gt imo this is #1 priority, Studivant-GT another good one, Taylor-50/50 with a&m, would be a very big pickup, Hall- gt a great pickup, and Gaston -GT walkon would be huge for a walkon. Folks if it turns out like this well then it would be the best ever and would entrench Chan here for at least 4 more years imo.

Well, it's nice to at least hear someone who is fired up about recruiting. I hope you are right!

FJ, if it pans out like this everything will be alright! If you read my reply to "acording to Insiders Johnson has " which is reply #19 then that says it all to me!!!!!!

Techrod,

Are you saying that this class would be one of the best ever if all pans out?

I think if everything goes as GG said, then it would be a decent class, but I am not sure if it would be one of the best ever. I would like ot see more big OL and some more RBs.

Just trying to understand what you are saying.

LH, I am looking at the offers that the kids get as opposed to rankings and position needs. For instance Carter, Grant, and Scott have been offered by more of the top 10 programs than anyone I can remember. D.Smith was recruited very heavilr and maybe Fox and I have to go all the way back to K Swilling to come up with that many type of offers. And if we get Scott then thats 3 in the same year!!! So to me this is a chance to be the best say in the last 25 years that I have been keeping up with it.

Techrod,

It's so great to come back to see some positive talk about recruiting and some excitement too. I've been on that same rollercoaster ride that everyone else has been. I think this coming season may be the most important football season in years. Hopefully, Chan can close this thing strong and get some positive momentum going for the fall.

Also, GG said we'd probably end up with 18-21. Remember, last year, Chan brought in Gilliam and McNair after signing day. Many people on this board and the Hive believe each could be big tymers in the next couple of years. McNair may even get a starting opportunity in the fall. With that said, if we save a few, I'd expect the staff to sign a couple of guys who, for whatever reason, didn't get signed on Feb. 5.

Techrod,

Thanks for the response. I think Ball also could be special along with Carter and Grant and Scott.

I am glad that there are some positive posters regarding recruiting and I hope you are right regarding this being a special class.

C'mon down Mr. Scott.

that is GREAT news! The silence has been deafening.

Frustration has been the watchword for this year in FB and BB.

Lionel, I also think Ball is a big timer! He's got a couple of other big time offers just not as many as the 3 I mentioned. Of course he ended the recruiting process early or he undougtedly would have recieved more!

I think Chan(coming from the NFL) will recruit pretty well in his tenure here.

Pat Carter was rated as the #19 QB on ESPN.com.
I just wish he could recruit better in Georgia. After all, he is from Americus.

Originally posted by techrod:
Just had an update on the hive from Greg and it was quite enlightening!!! Here is his outlook as of now. Anoai-Gt imo this would be very good, Scott-Gt imo this is #1 priority, Studivant-GT another good one, Taylor-50/50 with a&m, would be a very big pickup, Hall- gt a great pickup, and Gaston -GT walkon would be huge for a walkon. Folks if it turns out like this well then it would be the best ever and would entrench Chan here for at least 4 more years imo.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I wish I could share your optimism. IF all of that happenes then we would have a decent class but it is not likely that we get all of those players and hold on to the ones that we've already got. Who knows what our backup plan would be if we did not get those guys. It looks like it will be our 2nd straight recruiting class in which we did not have a full class. It would also be our 2nd class in a row in which about 1/3 of the class was made up of 'project' type players, even with us not using our full allotment. This will probably also be the 2nd class in a row that is rated 7th in the conference.

Back