I feel hollow inside....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacket & Coke

Train Driver
For the last 31 years I've watched Georgia make us grab our ankles. But I didn't mind it. I always had my ace in the hole: "1980!!!"

I've watched our once proud program diminish into a bottom feeder who doesn't even seem to care. BUT....I had my ace in the hole for any dwag who dared talk smack to me about our our pathetic program who is outspent by Duke.

I bought the tickets. I sang the songs. I STILL SAY THWG, but I feel that last night simply made us completely irrelevant even in our own state. Are Georgia fans going to start rooting for us out of pity?

I just don't know if it's worth it anymore. I'd rather be hated than pitied.

midatlantech

Dodd-Like
Tech's answer is to do exactly what Texas A&M did. Walk away, build a fan base, return under comfortable terms (if at all).

gambler

Went all in with 80k
For the last 31 years I've watched Georgia make us grab our ankles. But I didn't mind it. I always had my ace in the hole: "1980!!!"

I've watched our once proud program diminish into a bottom feeder who doesn't even seem to care. BUT....I had my ace in the hole for any dwag who dared talk smack to me about our our pathetic program who is outspent by Duke.

I bought the tickets. I sang the songs. I STILL SAY THWG, but I feel that last night simply made us completely irrelevant even in our own state. Are Georgia fans going to start rooting for us out of pity?

I just don't know if it's worth it anymore. I'd rather be hated than pitied.
Nobody likes the result, but your perception is wrong. It should never have been about holding on to "1980", it should be about us beating their ass year after year on the field. We have been capable in the last decade even with the environment surrounding CFB. It's not like ughey just suddenly became a competitor, or that they finally discovered ridiculous amounts of financial influx, or that kerby vacuum is an amazing coach.
The fact is they have had what they needed for a long time to be successful and they finally figured out how to string it together in a year where really there is no other competition in CFB except for alabama. This has been way overdue and is a true testament to the constant mismanagement at the cesspool in athens.

The last 3 years for GT football have been terrible. Toss out this period (2 games vs inbreds), that leaves 7 games over the last decade, 2 of which we won. We have beat those nutlickers better than 25% of the time despite the overwhelming advantages they have related to football every year. This is the same record as Tennessee, Auburn, Vandy, and probably a couple others I don't care to look up.

The point is the ass-sniffers have a very good football team because that is what they focus on but we can build on our ability to take victories away on a more regular basis and enjoy every one because: "SEC means more, that's how we made $100million off FB last year, but we still managed to lose to a superior academic institute who has 1/5th of our budget, higher admission standards, and less focus on FB."

When we got rolled in November, I reminded my burger flipping buddies that I couldn't believe we didn't complete the sweep but I would have to rest on the fact that our basketball and baseball teams still run the state and maybe they should spread their $ around so they can win more than one thing a year.

Tech is THE Institution. We take the good with the bad ( we all know there is way more good than bad ), knowing that next year gives us the opportunity to knock off the defending champions. That is what we need to be focusing on because history is written already, but there is no better middle finger than beating their ass in every aspect of life going forward. To Hell With georgia.

StraightFresh

Midtown Zoomer
Nobody likes the result, but your perception is wrong. It should never have been about holding on to "1980", it should be about us beating their ass year after year on the field
This is fundamentally impossible given the reality of college football. UGA has a big, reliable, simple-minded, Disney-friendly fanbase. We don't. Guess who The Mouse is going to make sure has the upper hand forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.