I got a couple more general comments I'm willing to share...

savbandjacket

Dr. SBJ
I’m not familiar with all that but it won’t change my opinion — just don’t allow uga to have a band section. We won’t be able to se d ours —oh well. Their band has a much bigger impact in our small stadium that is at least half red than our band in their massive toilet bowl.
So the schools get a ticket allotment and can use them how they see fit. That’s how FSU’s band ended up in the upper north - their AA decided to make more money off the allotment of tickets by selling more field level seats. As a result, they lost their 500 member loud noise maker which does have an impact on the game. No one could hear it from UN.

so unless you change the contract between the schools dealing with their ticket allotments (and basically giving uga no lower level seats) you aren’t going to put their band in the UN or keep them out. If you do, it means no ticket allotment for Tech in Athens (and there is always that little wedge of loyalists sitting by our band).

BrentwoodJacket

Dodd-Like
So the schools get a ticket allotment and can use them how they see fit. That’s how FSU’s band ended up in the upper north - their AA decided to make more money off the allotment of tickets by selling more field level seats. As a result, they lost their 500 member loud noise maker which does have an impact on the game. No one could hear it from UN.

so unless you change the contract between the schools dealing with their ticket allotments (and basically giving uga no lower level seats) you aren’t going to put their band in the UN or keep them out. If you do, it means no ticket allotment for Tech in Athens (and there is always that little wedge of loyalists sitting by our band).
Giving them all upper North makes sense to me. We get more lower level seats to sell for more income for the AA.
Can our fans donate their tickets back to the AA to be sold for greater than face value online? We need the revenue.

savbandjacket

Dr. SBJ
Giving them all upper North makes sense to me. We get more lower level seats to sell for more income for the AA.
Can our fans donate their tickets back to the AA to be sold for greater than face value online? We need the revenue.
Yeah. But have you ever sat in the 600 level in Athens? Because that’s what we get in return.

Allen Koholic

Likes dick drawings.
Amazing to me that a GT grad who claims to be a fan (a word that is short for fanatical) would make such a statement as you made to me is completely befuddling. Being a fan of a team means that you show up during good or bad times. Otherwise, you're a frigging bandwagon fan.
Quit being a nit. I made the trip down there knowing what our team was. I’m not going to encourage people to stop coming or hope we lose games for some asinine reason like some jackoffs on this board.

but I’m not going to get on the “Move the game” bandwagon because we had a lousy turnout at this game. And I’m not going to get on my righteous high horse if someone else isn’t a masochist and would rather spend their Saturday not watching the worst loss to the mutts ever.

But whatever. You do you.

daBuzz

Dodd-Like
Quit being a nit. I made the trip down there knowing what our team was. I’m not going to encourage people to stop coming or hope we lose games for some asinine reason like some jackoffs on this board.

but I’m not going to get on the “Move the game” bandwagon because we had a lousy turnout at this game. And I’m not going to get on my righteous high horse if someone else isn’t a masochist and would rather spend their Saturday not watching the worst loss to the mutts ever.

But whatever. You do you.
Then I salute you for making the game. But people living in the Atlanta area or easy driving distance not coming because the team is losing? öööö them.

Dirty Jacket

Never Weaken
Yeah. But have you ever sat in the 600 level in Athens? Because that’s what we get in return.
I’ve been to several games in Athens (all the wins since 2008 and several losses before and after) and I have 1) always sat field level and 2) never bought through AA. My point is - who gives a öööö what allotment they give us? I say poke the bear and don’t give them lower level. We hurt them more than anything they can do in return to hurt us when it comes to this. Time to get petty with them.

Flywheel

Wait, what year is it?
I’ve been to several games in Athens (all the wins since 2008 and several losses before and after) and I have 1) always sat field level and 2) never bought through AA. My point is - who gives a öööö what allotment they give us? I say poke the bear and don’t give them lower level. We hurt them more than anything they can do in return to hurt us when it comes to this. Time to get petty with them.
I've been saying for a while the visiting band is in a better spot than ours acoustically. I agree with giving them the upper north.

Fanninjacket

Varsity Lurker
I had a sense of duty to go to make sure that there was at least one gold shirt in my section. Then I yelled out the stuff to Budweiser which pissed off all of the uga fans around me because they couldn’t hear their stupid 4th quarter thing. The old woman behind me bitched the rest of the game because I stood and bobbed in her way and yelled out the stuff so she couldn’t hear. That made it all worth it.

Hey you showed her. GREAT JOB!!!

texstinger

Dodd-Like
These schemes have typically backfired. Ask vandy and others.

Not the solution.

Allen Koholic

Likes dick drawings.
Then I salute you for making the game. But people living in the Atlanta area or easy driving distance not coming because the team is losing? öööö them.
I'm actually talking more about the idea of moving the game to the Benz because turnout this year was abysmal. Turnout was abysmal because this season was abysmal. Moving to the Benz won't fix that, and probably won't fix our AA's money problems.

GT hasn't beaten the mutts at Bobby Dodd since before I ööööing enrolled in school. Which isn't an argument or a reason for anything. It's a ööööty fact to start a ööööty Monday.

GTCrew

Patrick Henry
I'm actually talking more about the idea of moving the game to the Benz because turnout this year was abysmal. Turnout was abysmal because this season was abysmal. Moving to the Benz won't fix that, and probably won't fix our AA's money problems.

GT hasn't beaten the mutts at Bobby Dodd since before I ööööing enrolled in school. Which isn't an argument or a reason for anything. It's a ööööty fact to start a ööööty Monday.
Money probably wont fix our money problems?

What do you suggest will?

GTCrew

Patrick Henry
We're not going to make enough money by moving one game every other season to the Benz to fix our issues.
How much is enough? Should we not try to close the gap as best we can by every means available?

When you have money problems, every dollar counts.

Allen Koholic

Likes dick drawings.
How much is enough? Should we not try to close the gap as best we can by every means available?

When you have money problems, every dollar counts.
That's a good question - is it worth trashing the biggest rivalry game we have in order to get a few more dollars?

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
I've been saying for a while the visiting band is in a better spot than ours acoustically. I agree with giving them the upper north.
Good thing about where I sit in 218 is I rarely heard the gagger band