I know it is late though i was shocked about the...

Adam Ridings gt fan

Varsity Lurker
I know it as a little late but i was shocked about Carson Palmer won the Heisman i thought that maybe Dorsey or McGahee but things change and the unexpected happens and Palmer came up with the shocking winner of the Heisman.

This was a strange year for the Heisman candidates. It seemed no player really stepped out ahead of the others to take it.

They must have rolled the dice and the correct number came up for Palmer.

wink.gif

But one person did stand out more than any other
and that is Mr. Dorsey from Miami. This guy has only lost one football game during his college career and that speaks volumes. It takes more than
throwing the ball for 3,000 yards a season. Leadership is something that you can't measure or weigh but it is obvious when it is not present.
Suggs is a good example-he goes all to pieces when
the pressure is on but Dorsey is best when he is playing in the big games. The object of the game is to win and this kid does JUST that. The heisman is supposed to be awarded based on how valuable the player is to the success of his team
and NOT on their NFL POTENTIAL.

This has been a strange Heisman race. In my opinion it didn't help Dorsey and McGahee being on the same team. Just a theory I have.

Palmer is a good choice. It was Dorsey's to lose. He didn't have a great senior year really even though he did nothing but win! He missed having some of the big play WR he's had in the past.

Miami is a super football team. They do a lot of things well. Because their running and passing game is so good they didn't have to rely on any one guy. In my opinion there is no better player in the land than McGahee.

Can see why Palmer won it. Can't argue with what he did on the field.

Very different Heisman race this year.

Palmer won the Heisman so that the Downtown Athletic Club could dispel rumors of "east coast bias".

They couldn't give to the kid from Iowa, because a "midwesterner" won it last year. The kids from Penn State and Miami were from the east coast and what better way for the DAC to show there is no "east coast bias" by picking a kid from the west coast over 3 east coast kids.

I guess Palmer is as good as any.

I'm still pissed that Joe Hamilton didn't get it.

BBR

Originally posted by Big Bubba Ray:
I'm still pissed that Joe Hamilton didn't get it.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">BBR,
I agree with you on Joe Hamilton.

One of the biggest travesties in Heisman history was that Joe didn't receive the trophy that he earned on the field. Ron Dane was a good back, but basically received the award for his whole college career; because his senior year was not nearly as impressive as Joe's.

The Heisman is supposed to be awarded to the player who had the most outstanding year....not necessarily the most outstanding career.

I am sure if Coach Heisman was still around he would have voted for fellow Tech man Joe Hamilton.

It really payed off that Coach O'leary was smart enough to play Joe as a freshman. A big shame that Bilbo didn't get the same consideration this year.

BeeWare, I also believe the Heisman is supposed to go to the player that meant the most to the team. That would be another positive for Hamilton.

Even though, I think, overall, the quarterback of the 1990 team was as good as Hamilton, I think Joe deserved the Heisman and should have won it over Dane.

Joe definitely meant more to Tech than Dane did to Wisconsin.

smile.gif

I think the Heisman should have gone to Brad Banks. 25 TD's to 4 INT's. Enough said.

Also, Larry Johnson should have gotten more votes, I thought.

Back