I lost a lot of respect of Mark Richt!

gtfan1147

Dodd-Like
I do not care what anyone says. Throwing passes up 44-0 and 44-7 is totally inexcusable. What goes around comes around. In the stands today they were so arrogant and annoying. They even started singing na na na na hey hey hey goodbye. AT least when we win we have class.
This one hurts. But I will remember this. One day we will be up big and I hope we go pass-happy. Well let's pull for the Hogs.

if they wanted to...they probably could have put more points on the board..I dont have a problem with anything Richt did...

as far as the chant...i think you need thicker skin

So having all freshmen in on the OL, a walkon FB, a walkon WR, a true freshman RB, a true freshmen TE, and a 3rd team QB in the game against your FIRST TEAM defense is running up the score?

Whatever, pal. I guess we should've just taken a knee for the entire 2nd half.

Originally posted by chambleedawg:
So having all freshmen in on the OL, a walkon FB, a walkon WR, a true freshman RB, a true freshmen TE, and a 3rd team QB in the game against your FIRST TEAM defense is running up the score?

Whatever, pal. I guess we should've just taken a knee for the entire 2nd half.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">There is no way a reasonable person can accuse Richt of running up the score. He could have whipped us worse.

Guys, in 2000 we were up 27-3 at the half. THe Fridge could have put 48 on the board if he had wished. But we sat on the ball. Now you cannot tell me that Cory Phillips throwing passes midway thru the final quarter is not running up the score.

You're actually pretty fortunate. I'm of the thought, in regards to running up the score, that I'll quit trying to score when you quit trying to come back. Had I been the coach, I would've put in the 2nd team and given you a series to put in yours. If Tech had let the starters stay in, as Gailey did, I would've put my starters back in. You left your first teamers in the entire game, yet we marched right down the field on them with an all freshmen OL, 2 walk-ons, and a 3rd team QB. If your starters can't stop that, don't blame it on Mark Richt.

chambleedawg, you don't get my point. I'm well aware that second and third teamers pounded the ball against us today. All I'm saying is out of respect(which fans don't have but coaches should)
you do not throw passes with half a quarter to play up five or six TD's. Mark Richt was out to prove something tonight. And he did a great job. Running up the score against your arch-rival. Hmmm... Reminds me of Steve Spurrier.

Richt did nothing wrong. It is absolutely wrong to let the subs practice day in and day out and then try to hold them back when they get a chance to play. I would tell my water boy and other subs to try to score and have a good time.

It is absolutely our fault if we cannot stop the waterboy from scoring. Let's take our medicine and not blame our deficiencies on somebody else.

It is entirely possible some of our players wanted UGA to score more than they did score. Maybe some of them laid down in the game. Maybe we need to blame our players and coaches instead of Richt.

rolleyes.gif

Hey CHAMBLEEDAWG, why don't you just shut the hell up and go to you own board with your people. We aren't mad at you but please go away to somewhere you are wanted.

Only those with losers' mentality whine about score being run up. The fact is, when we could have earlier in the season, we did not and it came back to haunt us later on when we needed to score and could not. Bad habits are made when offense is put on hold!!

MR tried his best, but we just kept giving them free reign to end zone. We have no one to blame but ourselves and there is a lot to that to go around.

Don't you think it would be more embarrassing if they felt sorry for us and refused to score? Get real!

dont get mad at chambleedawg just because we got the smack laid on us. what he said is true. REMEMBER GT VS NAVY IN 2001?????????? WE WON 70-7!!!!!! WE HAD OUR SECOND AND THIRD STRING IN LIKE HALF THE GAME!!! WE STILL KEPT SCORING BECAUSE NAVY JUST SUCKED, LIKE WE DO THIS YEAR! I DIDNT SEE ANYONE COMPLAINING THEN!

Originally posted by certx55:
if they wanted to...they probably could have put more points on the board..I dont have a problem with anything Richt did...

as far as the chant...i think you need thicker skin
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">And if we had wanted to run the score up in 1990 we could have... Richt is the OC there as well as head coach... he showed no class today throwing passes to the end zone with the game in hand... it will come back around...

Okay. Maybe we shouldn't whine about the score being "Run up". but come on puppies...Is giving us the bird, saying "F you", throwing stuff out our band REALLY nessisary. I saw ALL of these tthings...I think there was even a sign that said "Kill the dorks"
Chamblee, I know your a dawg with class, so this isent directed toward you. Maybe some of your class can rub off on your fellow puppies.

RW4L

Originally posted by gtfan1147:
I do not care what anyone says. Throwing passes up 44-0 and 44-7 is totally inexcusable. What goes around comes around. In the stands today they were so arrogant and annoying. They even started singing na na na na hey hey hey goodbye. AT least when we win we have class.
This one hurts. But I will remember this. One day we will be up big and I hope we go pass-happy. Well let's pull for the Hogs.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">You sound like a spoiled child. I defend Richt 100%. It is CG's job to prevent his team from being embarassed. CG was a failure today. He may be a good coach in the future, but today he looked like a loser pure and simple. I would give anything to know what he said to Richt after the game. If he made any comments about "running up the score", Richt should have punched him in the mouth. Richt didn't embarrass GT today, Gailey did. I still havent recovered from the shock of seeing our team stumbling and bumbling around like they have never seen a friggin football before.

Quit whining about the score, because Georgia could have pinned 100 on us easily today. Take your medicine like men. Crying like a bunch of women huddled in a wagon surrounded by indians isnt gonna help. So you can pull for that instution of higher learning called Arkansas all you want, but it wont change the fact that Georgia spanked us good. Maybe now, some more eyes will be opened about the lack of preparedness that was so evident in games earlier this year (some we even won)..

Quit whining about the class of georgia fans. they won the day, to the victor goes the spoils. Some of you bend over backwards to kiss fsu fans butts, but only see the negative in georgia fans.

Georgia knows it has a good coach, we are still hoping for the best with ours. Thats the way things are now, so live with it.

DustJacket... you sound like someone who has never played a down in any sport... In the name of sportsmanship... you dont make throws to the end zone when you are up 44-7... PERIOD !! Richt is a BUM... I will agree to the fact that they whipped us all day... and we should have played harder, that is Gailey's responsibility... But you dont try homerun strikes when the game is at hand... they were still mixing up the offense in the 4th quarter.... I disagree with you

It is silly to accuse Richt of running up the score. If he had wanted to run up the score they would easily have scored 100.

Richt had his team prepared even though they had SEC championships and even national championships in their head.

Gailey's team was just as unprepared for this game as he was/is unprepared to be a Division 1 head coach.....maybe the most unprepared in history.

He had all year to get ready for this game.
The results?????.... pretty obvious and pretty embarassing.

This was an embarassment to the GT football program. CG did not have this team ready and I see this going downhill from here. Thank God for GT bball!!!

Richt did nothing wrong. They could have scored 100 points if he wanted to.

He even answered the halftime questions well when he was put in the corner and asked "are you surprised about how this game has played out so far?"

Back