I lost a lot of respect of Mark Richt!

It takes a real jerk to think MR ran up the score. Did Tanuta have nmo responsibility to stop their third string???????????????????? Come on FOCers admit it, BW was right.

One more time: You don't throw the ball up 44-7
with 7 minutes to play. PERIOD!

Originally posted by DaveTech:
It takes a real jerk to think MR ran up the score. Did Tanuta have nmo responsibility to stop their third string???????????????????? Come on FOCers admit it, BW was right.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Then I am a jerk DaveTech... I thought we were wrong to do it against Navy last year... and it was wrong of Richt to call pass plays to the end zone yesterday in the 4th quarter... I know we stunk up the place yesterday... but throwing to the endzone with the score 44-7 is uncall for, unless your intent is to run up the score...you just dont do that...

Originally posted by jacketguy:
DustJacket... you sound like someone who has never played a down in any sport...
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Well you sound like someone who toted a flute at halftime. We got our ass whipped by a better coached team. Sure they may have some better athletes, but it was painfully obvious that we lacked direction and I dont fault Richt at all. What kind of coach tells his players to not score? They ran between the tackles and we couldnt stop them. So what if they threw the ball? It didnt make any difference. They were gonna ravage us on the ground OR in the air. All this "gentlemanly" football crap is for losers. You punish your rival. Thats the name of the game. You want recruits to look at your competitor and vomit. Thats what recruits did all over the state last nite. They vomited and then they got out a huge eraser and took GT off their lists. I don't blame them. Gailey hasnt shown me anything this year. Should he be fired? No. Should he be on the hot seat next year? Hell yes. This wasnt some crap team that needed 3 years to rebuild. He got a cupboard more full than any tech coach in history. He proceeded to take that full cupboard and decimate it with injuries brought on by poor conditioning. Then he sat by and watched as 100+ years of rivalry pride was decimated. He looked like a deer staring into headlights. Unable to make adjustments. He and his staff looked like buffoons yesterday. He needs to call a press conference monday and apologize for his pissing on 100+ years of tradition. If he wasn't in the film room at 5am this morning, he is a loser.

Look my sweet fellow Tech fans its like this.
If we would have beat the dawgs as bad as they beat us we would be dancing and smiling and just as happy as they are cause face it we wanted to kick the hell out of them but we didn't so we must look forward and stop all the arguing and face the fact that not only does our coach need to tighten up but so do our players. I was just as disgusted watching the game as the rest of you but you cannot blame Mark Richt for any of this. We were TOTALLY outcoached and thats what it comes down too. All the arguing in the world is not gonna change the fact that we got the hell kicked out of us yesterday. PLEASE LOOK FORWARD. I was just as upset as everyone else but what Chan needs to do is learn from this and see that losing to the dawgs is NOT taken easy and maybe he will tighten his butt up for next season and Learn a lesson from Mark Richt and see thats its all in the COACHING!!!! I LOVE THE JACKETS as much as you all do and nobody can be blamed but the coach and players for our loss. Heck we couldn't even get through those dawgs yesterday. They were very well coached and prepared which we were not. All we can do is look forward to next season and PRAY it gets better...GOD BLESS THE JACKETS!!
wink.gif
LADYBUZZ

When Cory Phillips was throwing to the end zone in the 4th quarter... that was not running thru the tackles... sounds like you are the one who doesnt know the difference between forward pass and a flute...

I cant argue with anything else you have written... we were outcoached and outclassed yesterday... and I agree, Gailey should have been working EARLY this AM.. but, it was painfully clear that Richt wanted to run the score up...

Look dude I probably no more about what went on than u do. I see that we couldn't get around any of the Ga players and I see we couldn't catch a pass or run through them. We couldn't do öööö cause they were so well prepared that they were on our asses like BAM!!!! So either way we were NOT as prepared as them..like i said it all comes down to the coaching and the players practicing and getting prepared.. I think next year the players need to get pissed off and go in there and beat the hell out the dawgs...maybe if they get pissed they will play better...grrr

Somehow or other I've gotten this game of football
all screwed up. I was of the opinion that it was Tech's responsibility to hold down the score. If our team had been prepared to play football we wouldn't be discussing why Richt should look out for us. Hell, he is employed to win games for UGA
and it seems he has done a good job in building this from a team who hoped to play with the big boys to a team the big boys fear to play. I wouldn't have liked it of course, but I wouldn't have blamed him if he had scored 90 points on us.
Again we are ranting at the wrong coach, if coach DULL had prepared us as efficiently as Richt prepared his team, then we wouldn't be having this conversation. We have made a disasterous choice for a head coach and we will either have to do something about it or accept the consequences. And the consequences are some big time ass kicking. This makes me sick to contemplate but honesty compels me to speak out against the irrational posts that I have been reading.

Jacketguy - you need to read Papa Bowden's book. He was ahead 30 zip at halftime and quit playing the second half --- AND LOST. He said never again. Its called the killer instinct. Do we have responsibility to stop their 3rd string? Why should they take a knee for 3 plays and give the ball back? they scored 34 in the first half and only 17 in the second half - that ain't pouring it on.

Throwing passes late in the game is pouring it on. Plus it was clear we were not going to make a comeback.

The throwing passes thing didn't matter.

BUT GOING FOR IT ON 4TH AND 6 WHEN UP BY 40 WAS PURELY DISRESPECTFUL.

If they "run up the score" that's fine. It meant we let them score, and couldn't stop them. That's our fault. But that was a coaching call, and it sucked. I lost all respect for Richt then and there.

After the way we played we have no standing to complain about the other team.

We need to place the blame squarely where it belongs - on our shoulders.

Who cares what Mark Richt did - we need to take care of our business and he won't have a chance to do such a thing.

Quite, frankly I think it is classless of us to complain.

You want to know what is classless?
As I was riding through Athens we were behind an SUV with Georgia flags. On the back window was painted in white it read... "Buck U Fees"
That, my friend, is classless.

If they "run up the score" that's fine. It meant we let them score, and couldn't stop them. That's our fault. But that was a coaching call, and it sucked. I lost all respect for Richt then and there.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I guess we should have spent less time dancing before the game and a little more time playing during the game. Look, they are number 4 in the country and we are number 6 in the ACC. they don't have to try very hard to run it up anyhow.

We need to just congratulate them and move on. I saw some Georgia Tech people saying and doing some ridiculous things.

Classless acts occurred on both sides.

To complain about running up the score just makes us look worse.

I think those who are crying about Richt running up the score are barking up the wrong tree. We have to replace every single offensive lineman for next year, and will be breaking in some new receivers. Game time experience is invaluable and needless to say we didn't blow out many teams this year so opportunities like this were far and few between.

Furthermore, in the unlikely event that Miami loses this weekend, UGA will still likely not be ahead of them in the BCS and needs every possible advantage they can get and if blowing out the in-state rival gets us a higher ranking in any poll, there is a practical reason for throwing the ball and trying to hang "half a hundred" on the geeknics.

It's called major college football. Unless you are I-AA or obviously out of your league, you get what you deserve if you can't stop them. Put some players out on the field who care and it won't happen. Georgia came to play football, we came to get the hell beat out of us. For anyone who knows football, Richt could easily have put 60 on the board. Gailey should be apologizing to Georgia and Tech fans alike for not making a competitive contest out of one of the richest rivalries in college football. And, as I recall, I traveled to Annapolis and was personally embarassed with us running the score up on Navy.

Big Buck is right. This is football. Georgia evidently wanted to play it a little more than we did. Going for it on 4th and 6 is disrespectful? It's our job to stop them, not ask for sympathy.

This is a rivalry. It's not about kindness and all that crap, save that for your button-down ACC golf setters. If we can't play with the big boys then don't schedule them.

Better yet, why not yank that damn headset off and tell the offense the next time someone can't make a half yard for a first down someone is going to get kicked off scholarship? Or perhaps practicing this bunch instead of giving them days off before what was supposed to be the biggest game of their careers? Quit whining about the damn score and do something about it rather than expect the other team to.

In Butch Davis' final campaign at Miami he could've easily run the score up to impress the BCS computers' margin of victory. Now, he didn't and he didn't get into the National Championship either. He deserved it more than FSU. He beat FSu in their meeting and his only loss came in Week 3 to Washington. He has class. Richt does not. It's that simple. Cry all you want about me whining about Richt running up the score. Here's the facts:
1) Richt did run up the score.
2) Arkansas will be ready.
3) It's my board and I'll cry if I want to.
Just remember, Richt. What goes around comes around.

How would GT fans have felt if CMR had had Bennett kick the field goal on the last drive of last year's game? It would have given him an SEC record with 7 in a game and he was deserving after going 6 for 6. I've watched the replay of this year's game and all he was doing was letting hungry reserves play attacking fb-the way they are coached to play. They won't get better if that pt is squandered by playing with handcuffed playcalling.BTW Congrats on what looks to be a good basketball team. Should be a force in the ACC.

Back