I may have missed it..

Bogey

Jolly Good Fellow
but has anybody heard our NCAA hearing went last week? Iknow it will probably be 5 or 6 weeks before a ruling but just wondering if there have been any comments on the tone of the meeting.

From Saturday's AJC sports section (can't find it online, so I'll type the highlights)

- Meeting lasted 5 hours, and we left without any indication of what penalties might be handed down
- Decision should be around 10/31 (typical 6 week timeframe for them to decide)
- CCG wore a blue pinstripe suit (ajc reported, I'm just the messenger /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugher.gif)
- Meeting went like this: 90 minutes on what happened, the remaining 3 hrs and 20 minutes focused on why it happened and why it wasn't discovered and fixed sooner
- we agree with the NCAA on what made them ineligible, the disagreement is over "the more abstract concept of what Tech's eligibility certification mistakes say about the school's attitude toward complying with NCAA rules"
- Clough felt good about the meeting because he felt that they asked a lot of questions about GT and tried to understand us
- there are two decisions to make, which rules we broke and what the penalties should be
- Tech appears headed for some sort of probation, all 25 schools found guilty of this infraction have received probation

So as to not get the mods in trouble, all of the above information was found in "Georgia Tech makes case, awaits NCAA's penalties" by Mike Knobler in The Atlanta Journal-Constitution Section E, pg 2, Sept. 17, 2005

Thanks for the detailed report JJ. I was on fishing/golf trip last weekend and missed Saturday's paper.

No sweat, only saved that section b/c I saw the heading and hadn't had a chance to read it until I posted the info

Back