I still believe that we have concerns....

Patriot

Varsity Lurker
in this recruiting class.. Specifically upfront and at running back. Hopefully Chan can close the deal with a few big linemen.
I think that Grant is a steal at RB but we need some depth ( I've seen Thorton this year and was not overly impressed). Are we not looking at any FB's? Also, at DL and LB ...I'm not sure of the quality that we're getting here! I don't want to call any of our commits by name b/c I'm proud that they chose GT and I don't want to shed any negativity on them individually! These are just concerns/opions and hopefully Chan can cash in on a couple of key recruits!
blue.gif

Yep, we do all have concerns. You also outlined some of the positions that we really need to fill w/good players. I think that what is encouraging at least is that the first big visit weekend yielded some impressive committs, like Grant, Roberson, Carter, and Ball. My understanding is that the next big visit weekend is either the 4th or the 11th of Jan. Let's hope that Jan. will yield some of the same results at LB, OL/DL and maybe another RB.

Yeah, we've got a lot of work to do yet. Do like the direction we seem to be headed. As I see it we're about half way to where we need to be. Do like the players we've landed so far.

At RB liked what I saw on Count Down to Signing Day with Choice, the guy from Lovejoy HS.

We've got a LB coming in this weekend. Another TX guy. Believe his name is Moore. He's from Jimmy Dixon's HS.

Not sure about FB.

Originally posted by Patriot:
in this recruiting class.. Specifically upfront and at running back. Hopefully Chan can close the deal with a few big linemen.
I think that Grant is a steal at RB but we need some depth ( I've seen Thorton this year and was not overly impressed). Are we not looking at any FB's? Also, at DL and LB ...I'm not sure of the quality that we're getting here! I don't want to call any of our commits by name b/c I'm proud that they chose GT and I don't want to shed any negativity on them individually! These are just concerns/opions and hopefully Chan can cash in on a couple of key recruits!
blue.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I agree that there are still concerns but things look alot better now than they did 6 weeks ago. Frankly, I was worried that we were going to have a disasterous recruiting year. Now I am hopeful that we will have a good year but feel confident that we will at least have a solid year overall.

Back