I still feel the same & it's good

GT Ace

Jolly Good Fellow
I still feel the same & it\'s good

Just thinking that before the season I had some posts here on the board with Lawbee, et al, that GT would have a fine yr because of Ball's improvement. When asked how I thought we'd do, the reply was 9-2, losing to Va Tech & Miami. I still feel the same. I'll take that scenario all the way to the Gator/Peach Bowl this yr.
A loss is a loss, so don't let the size of the loss fool ya. It means nada.

i disagree somewhat.....

these historic kind of losses linger, and cause doubts among the fanbase and maybe the players....

we lose 28 - 3 and hardly anyone blinks and eye, but lose like THAT, and it will stay with us...

Re: I still feel the same & it\'s good

[ QUOTE ]
A loss is a loss, so don't let the size of the loss fool ya. It means nada.

[/ QUOTE ]
Really can't agree. Otherwise, just don't keep score beyond which side is (minimally) ahead. Scores indicate (yeah, imperfectly) relative differences. We could not stay even within a resonable distance with strength in almost every category measurable. A huge loss is simply worse than a loss by a smaller margin. Ask the players if playing close and losing is any diiferent than getting totally dominated and living with a score diiferential of 51-7.

The positive side is that, hopefully, we will realize that it CAN happen and every down has to be played like it is the most important play, the defining moment in the game. A stupidly lopsided score discourages that kind of thinking.

Sorry GT ACE

Personally, to me, a loss was never a loss. 51-7 is what happens when a Div 1-AA team plays a good Divsion 1-A team, not when the #15 team in the country plays the #5 team, at least most of the time.
SOmetimes I think it is worse to lose by 1 on the last play of the game, it hurts because you know you could have won and played well enough to do so but when you lose by 44 and Gameday is there and it is the game of the week nationally, I couldnt disagree more that a loss is a loss. Getting a butt-kicking is never a good feeling. This one one of those games where your just getting kicked while your down and you dont get back up. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/owned.gif

Agreed. Where do you start?
This is not the NFL. Quality of losses do count. And especially when dealing with a young bunch of kids.
Dealing with adversity during a game is not CG's strong point.

Back