I think we'll know a LOT from the Auburn game

Gold Rush

Flats Noob
I think we\'ll know a LOT from the Auburn game

First of all, I understand (to some degree) a very conservative game plan at BYU (on the road, first college start, etc etc).....But I think its time to give Ball a lot more - he clearly has the poise to handle it.

To me - these will be big positives

- a more diverse game plan for Auburn on offense.
- less TOs than Auburn, or at least no more than one TO

- Bilbo in the red zone - I REFUSE to believe that they can't create a few plays for him in those situations using his height and strength.

- continued fight in the team ( I thought the guys played hard for 60 minutes - that was my biggest complaint last year)

I really hope for this and a win. I think Auburn is beatable. If we have a similar "plan" as last week, I think they're selling Reggie short - he looks like a player that can handle just about anything to me

If not......Like if we have basically the same limited package that we had vs BYU - and if we have a bunch of turnovers (concentration?)...Lose in a similar manner as last week, that will be tough IMO

Re: I think we\'ll know a LOT from the Auburn game

I agree. I think Reggie is a man that can handle a lot more. We may not want to throw it all on him in a single week. However, if the coaches are as agressive as I hope they would be, Auburn should see several more sets and plays than BYU did. I hope by 3 or 4 games into the season we have a very diverse multiple set offense with some option mixed in.

Originally posted by Douglas Boomer:
I agree. I think Reggie is a man that can handle a lot more. We may not want to throw it all on him in a single week. However, if the coaches are as agressive as I hope they would be, Auburn should see several more sets and plays than BYU did. I hope by 3 or 4 games into the season we have a very diverse multiple set offense with some option mixed in.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Are you kidding me? Did you just wake up? This is the Chan Gailey offense, not Friedgen's or Norm Chow's. Dont get disappointed when you never see motion this year, at all. Like Aikman said, we just didnt score points...

I agree. Must see improvement out of the players and the staff each week. Both groups weren't entirely on their game last week and it will be interesting to see if they can correct their mistakes.

I've said all along that I always want wins but I can at least stomach the losses if I can see improvement in the team. Great coaches and players make the most out of what they have and that is the intangible that will determine where we go from here.

A win isn't out of the question but it will require significant improvement from last week. I am optimistic that the coaches and players can handle that challenge. These next four games will determine what kind of coaching staff and players we really have.

Let's get it on!!!

Here's to Chan winning this game and shutting these whiners up.
drinking.gif

Originally posted by The Gnome of Zurich:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by Douglas Boomer:
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Are you kidding me? Did you just wake up? This is the Chan Gailey offense, not Friedgen's or Norm Chow's. Dont get disappointed when you never see motion this year, at all. Like Aikman said, we just didnt score points...</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Excactly, what we saw on thursday night was anti Fridge which translates to anti Billy O'brien. This is Chans Gailey's offence. Why do you think Emmitt Smith spoke so highly of Coach Gailey? It sure was not for having an imaginative offence featuring motion, multiple formations, and such. It was because Emmitt was pitched the ball! Also, did it ever occur to anyone that the Kordell Stewart role in the Steelers offence could only have been accomplished at the head coaches directive. Can you see Coach Gailey possessing the imagination to come up with the 'slash role' unless he was following orders from Bill Cowher. He certainly has been living off that move ever since. Folks we are witnessing the 'Emmitt Smith' offence first hand. Whether you or I like it or not. Why don't we just start quick kicking on third down and rely on our defense to make some points. Appears to be a safer bet at this moment.

blue.gif
I for one, still plan on cheering the team from start to finish. I guess my problem with all the coach bashing is this; when the team is introduced do you cheer? When our coach is introduced, do you boo? Team = players AND coaches. There can not be one without the other. You are either with OR you aren't. No fence sitting here. Let's wear as much gold as we can Saturday, make as much noise Saturday, arrive at BDS EARLY Saturday and be gracious hosts to our guests from Auburn. We just want to win! Nothing less is acceptable...at least from me...GO JACKETS!!!
drinking.gif

speaking of thursday night, maryland must have put up 50+ on northern ill with the offensive guru's of fridge and bob.
rolleyes.gif

anyone know how they did, i didnt watch.
wink.gif

Will our offense, with Chan calling the plays and making all the decisions, be allowed to score an offensive TD this year?

AwBarns and FSU's defenses are going to be a heck of a lot tougher, and much faster, than BYU's.

Beau Bock made the prediction that if we lost to BYU, that there was a strong chance that we would go 0-12. I wonder if he would make that same prediction on scoring an offensive TD?

It certainly looks bleak, so far.

I will BEE at the newly renovated BDS@HGF (or what I have now dubbed HTOB...the HOUSE THAT O'LEARY BUILT. Hope to see all of you there cheering on the WHITE and Gold.

NO one on this board will boo Sat., even though they may not like the coach and I surely have stated my feelings in that regard! We cheer in spite of him, that's our motto! Coaches come and go - fans are always here and they are not fair-weather fans nor are we bandwagon fans!

You are connected to the school and its teams (all of them). That's what happens when you attend these games for so many years. You do it without reservation no matter the situation!

Originally posted by beeware:
Will our offense, with Chan calling the plays and making all the decisions, be allowed to score an offensive TD this year?

AwBarns and FSU's defenses are going to be a heck of a lot tougher, and much faster, than BYU's.

Beau Bock made the prediction that if we lost to BYU, that there was a strong chance that we would go 0-12. I wonder if he would make that same prediction on scoring an offensive TD?

It certainly looks bleak, so far.

I will BEE at the newly renovated BDS@HGF (or what I have now dubbed HTOB...the HOUSE THAT O'LEARY BUILT. Hope to see all of you there cheering on the WHITE and Gold.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">BW: I saw an interview last night with Chan. He talked about USC's defense against Auburn and then said with a very concerned look on his face, "we are not SC's defense, we will have to fill the gaps", that's it. He said that Auburn's offensive line was huge and that served up a problem for our defensive line. Someone in our house said, 'he looks scared'!

I agree. I saw the interview on the news and my thought was that CG did not know how to respond and was trying very hard not to say anything negative.
The same holds true for the player interviewed...I can't remember who it was.

I am trying very hard to be optimistic and I will be at BDS screaming my head off.....But that interview was not coming from a coach instilled with confidence and exuding high team morale.

Back