I Thought The Purpose Of The Transfer Portal Was For Those…

GoldenIsle

Flats Noob
Athletes who had completed their degree and still had year(s) of eligibility left. Is it now open to anybody and whenever they want to leave?

As of the 2021-2022 academic year a player can transfer one time with no strings attached and play immediately.

Well…. that rule stinks. I understand if you have completed your degree but letting kids bolt when a school has invested so much in them is bull crap. I certainly don’t wish any ill will on these jack legs fleeing the program but if their football careers crash and burn I certainly won’t care.

Well…. that rule stinks. I understand if you have completed your degree but letting kids bolt when a school has invested so much in them is bull crap. I certainly don’t wish any ill will on these jack legs fleeing the program but if their football careers crash and burn I certainly won’t care.

ESPN has been pushing this for years with the argument that coaches were up and switching schools all the time, so it was unfair not to allow players to do the same. So instead of fixing the problem by requiring coaches to sit out a year if they left a program while still under contract, the NCAA in their usual way doubled down and expanded the problem.

The inmates have taken over the asylum.

Don't colleges also invest a lot in Coaches?

The system has never done anything when they bolted?

IMO giving the Players Free Agency is simply adding balance to "The Force".

Also, the NCAA was in a horrible jam PR wise, for many years Non Revenue Sports could transfer without sitting out , so people began to ask why do the Revenue Athletes have to sit out when they Transfer?

This is merely an adjustment to a corrupt, rigged NCAA , mistreating Revenue Athletes , which is what they have done since 1984 when the TV Money exploded.

I see a day coming where a player can leave mid season and play for another team that year. Rent A Player
The NCAA could simply copy the NFL and have a "League Calendar" that determines when Players & Coaches are free to move on to new Places to benefit themselves.

Amazing that very few People ask why the NCAA does such a crappy job?

The NCAA could simply copy the NFL and have a "League Calendar" that determines when Players & Coaches are free to move on to new Places to benefit themselves.

Amazing that very few People ask why the NCAA does such a crappy job?
i.e., Odell Beckham suited up for the Rams this week.

Back