i told you chan backers that,

Correct toe, or OTOH he may solidify his future on Nov. 29th. UNC & UVA should now be viewed very narrowly, as prep opportunities for the only game, that as of yesterday matters. Another wannabee bowl is near meaningless if the 29th is another blowout. THWG

Originally posted by toe meets leather:
the jury is still out, he may yet be fired at the end of this season.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">TML:

That's why I'm waiting until the end of the season to make any comment and/or assessment of his value to GT. I'm not going to engage in any debate over CCG until then, when all the season data points are in and the whole record can be evaluated.

BuzzB

There is no way Chan is getting fired after this season. This team has surprised people by winning as many games as they have. He has probably bought himself an extra two or three years (barring a two or three win season).

If old Chan had not made himself offensive coordinator, he would be the toast of the town. I think the reason lots of folks have reservations about him is that he is personally running the side of the ball that has struggled all year save two games.

Well hell, antoher one of those "I told you folks" crap things. You are not any smarter or better than the rest of us. How come you didn't give the little "I told you so" speech after the Maryland game smartass?

yeah, let's fire Chan right now because the team lost a game they should have won! And while everyone is in a firing mood, Larry Coker, Frank Beamer, and Bobby Bowden should be dismissed as well.

soapbox.gif

yes dont make the mistake Auburn made. They're stuck with Tubby T....get rid of chan as fast as you can.

I think if we finish 5-7 and the offensive continues to struggle, Braine could order a change at OC. It happened on the defensive side in 1994. After a 43-10 loss to UGAg, Rice brought O'Leary in with a separate contract.

down east jacket , he did not lose a game he was supposed to win he got his ass stomped twice by teams he was favored over , clemson and puke.

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">TML..

not only is firing Gailey not on the radar screen... I PROMISE you it isnt even in the same state or country... you can take that to the bank..

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">While the jury still may be out, there is absolutely, positively NO way Chan is fired at the end of this season nor is there any reason to think he should be fired.

By the way, when is the jury not out on a college football coach? Bowden (the elder), Paterno - the jury's not out on those guys but it probably should be.

TML, I hope some sort of evaluation takes place.

The rest of the league seems to have gotten the message that you still play in November, while Gailey either goes off and wets a line or hits the links with time to prepare.

At minimum, Braine, who seems to have no problem micro managing, needs to order up an offensive coordinator. Gailey is a complete bust. He talks all the time about not wanting to pressure his frosh QB, but every play is a pressure cooker for him because he, with obviously no input from anyone else, looks at his sheet and gives him the play with usually 12-14 seconds to go on the play clock, forcing everyone to scramble and get the snap off in the nick of time.

Gailey needs to give it up.

I hope the entire season is evaluated, including the last four games starting last Sat. at Duke. If we get annihilated by Georgia again and get beat at home by UNC after that pathetic display on Sat. at Duke - get rid of him.

Back