I want to beat the hell out of Brian VanGorder.

Maybe it's because his competitors over the years have never been terribly fond of Johnson's smartest-man-in-the-room routine
I want to have a whiskey drink with this man

too bad Van Gorder is the DC of such a defensively ööööty team or we may have faced him in the OB.

hopefully he doesn't get fired until after Sept 19

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Great article. I love our coach! Wouldn't trade him for 100 Sabans

7336617.jpeg

Very Punchable Face

7336617.jpeg

Very Punchable Face

He's so öööö weird. He's got such a 1978 type look going on.

When I see that picture my first thought is "Wow. That's a really high quality photo of an individual taken in or around 1978." Then it hits me that it's really not that old at all.

He also looks like the type of guy who, in 1978, could be found hanging out at an outdoor Lynyrd Skynyrd concert shirtless with a beer.

He also looks like the type of guy who, in 1978, could be found hanging out at an outdoor Lynyrd Skynyrd concert shirtless with a beer.

He looks like the type of guy who, in 2014, could be found hanging out at an outdoor Lynyrd Skynyrd concert shirtless with a beer.

not long after BVG got the job at Southern, he started poormouthing the resources, the facilities, etc. One of the AJC's writers at the time called up PJ and PJ said WTTE "it never seemed to be a problem when we were winning six national championships."

PJ later said he was taken out of context. But I believe he felt that way. And Georgia Southern was 3-8 in its one year under BVG, its worst season since restarting football.

VanGorder wore the G. All you need to know really

His Notre Dame D also gave up 454 yards to Navy this year.

I mean so did Paul Johnson's mentor.

But they treated him very shabbily after Dooley retired. Interviewed him for the job and Erk turned it down. Then they went and said they never offered it to him.

When Erk was told they said they never offered him the job, he was pissed off.

Erk hated UGA by the end, and that hate spilled into CPJ. Yet one more reason why CPJ was such a good hire for us.

But they treated him very shabbily after Dooley retired. Interviewed him for the job and Erk turned it down. Then they went and said they never offered it to him.

When Erk was told they said they never offered him the job, he was pissed off.

Why did he turn it down?

He was already 65 and was thinking about retiring. I remember some in the press corps asking him if he was too old and Erk replied, "Am I too old? Do you wanna fight?"

But the rumors were pretty thick in Statesboro in the 88 season that Erk was going to hang it up, if not that year then soon.

In an alternate universe, Erk took the job. Paul came as his OC, and took over as HC when Erk retired.
National championships were won.
Hell on earth.

Actually I guess uga would never go for that offense. It wasn't the "good ol' Georgia 'I'".

Back