I was a Suggs supporter last spring..........

techsamillion

Flats Noob
and continued even through his "rough" times; to a point. I then personally became convinced that he could not do the job expected of him. I felt the staff went too far in using him and still do.
Anyway, I love the young man, and wish him the best. If he steps in and surprises us all at an opportune time, I would celebrate with all of you.
Till then, I think he is a back-up to the back-up and hope that we do not need his heroics. But if we do get into a certain situation; perhaps some of us will long to see him come in and "do the job".......there are certain times when we delight in being wrong in our judgments. I am always happy to be so. I just (as Driver8) want wins; no matter what. I think we all are deep down that way. Driver8 I have no qualms with your desired results; just hope that you will give a chance to ALL/ANYONE who can bring "OUR" desires to fruition and not detract from those who try, even though they at times stumble. Bottom line: I think we all want the same thing!!!!!!
tongue.gif
Let's all, in spite of our different opinions, pull for our Jackets!!!, starting NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was too, and I was until the f$u debacle. That is when I decided I did not want to see him on the field again for Tech.

03 is a new season for everybody. If AJ is needed, I hope he is ready to play like a champion he was hailed to be. He is still a young man, and hopefully he can live up to those past expectations. Otherwise, I hope he does well with his Tech degree in hand.

I am still a Suggs supporter.. I just dont think he has the moxie to be a Div 1A QB from the perspective of starting... I still hope he gets some playing time... just dont throw any passes !!

What is absolutely amazing about Mr.Suggs is that he "fooled",if you will, 2 coaching staffs.One of these staffs has a national championship in its resume and is generally considered to run one of the top 5-10 programs in the nation.I am convinced that he had to have been better than what we saw on the field.I guess it must be a case of a guy who could not do it under the bright lights.I wonder what Mssrs.Suggs,Fulmer and Dailey would say if they were to speculate on why the apparent lack of production.Your thoughts?

The only thing I do know is this.. Freidgen DID NOT see Suggs as a talent, either coming out of HS nor to Tech.. he made a statement I wont ever forget, and wont print here.. but he never saw Suggs as talented..

Suggs was good in high school and was very highly rated.

My observations is that Suggs is a tad slow in recognition versus action. I believe it takes a micro-second longer for his genetic brain to see a situation and tell his nueral and muscular system to react to the situation.

He might possibly excel if he played behind a strong offensive line and was a strict pocket passer as seen in the pros. If he has the time to see and react to the situation, he appears to be a pretty accurate passer.

It seems when his reaction time is limited, he appears to have the most trouble. It is not beyond reason that he could get a tryout for the pros and possibly fool a few people.

I do not think he is the answer for a team like Tech who has to really mix up the run, pass, and option of an elusive quarterback.

Father Time

Back