I was disappointed in Braine's comments....

Bogey

Jolly Good Fellow
I was disappointed in Braine\'s comments....

but after rereading them several times, I feel real good again. Firstly, he was being goaded by that dawg lover Bradley. And I now realize he was throwing a few crumbs to all the Gailey bashers out there, and they scoffed them up quickly because they are so desperate. What he meant when he said 6-5 wasn't good enough after being asked a direct question by that Jacket hater, he really meant that 6-5 would not get a contract extension, but has no intention of not giving CG the full 5 in his contract. If he is 7-4 or better, say hello to Chan for a few more years for sure and I hope many more.
Aint y'all proud I figured this all out on my own??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

baloney...

you're a good poster but you are putting your own spin on Moneybag Braine's comments. Why not just read them straight up. Will 6-5 be good enough next year? No says Braine. Braine may be a buffoon, and his cronies at the GTAA may not be good stewards, but I think he answered the question directly. Not sure if he's up to the craft that you attribute to him.

Re: baloney...

Why is EVERY one of your posts negative? You must live a miserable life.

Re: baloney...

because I am freaking tired of the negative spin I get here from the other side. And besides, I believe every word I wrote. I hate to see our supposedly "fans" get outsmarted by UGA supporters and duped into posts that only hurt our program. I wouldn't be surprised if dawg lover Bradley doesn't get a stipend from UGA to write crap like that at a critical time in our recruiting period.

Re: I was disappointed in Braine\'s comments....

Why is it unreasonable for our AD to expect Gailey to get us to a 7-4 regular season record?

When Gailey was hired, he was expected to take us to the "next level", win a conference, and beat UGA. If he had just broken .500 in conference this year and won 2 of 3 versus our OOC opponents, he would have won 7 this year in his third year. If he does the same next year, he will reach 7 wins in the regular season. Maybe if he gotten us to 7 wins this year, the standard would not be so high next year. I really don't think it is too much too ask for him to do better than breakeven in conference once in 4 years and to beat UGA once in 4 years.

Circle the wagons! Circle the wagons!

Boy, talk about spin! Talk about desperation! Trying to milk Braine's statements into making 7-4 an historic achievement worthy of a contract extension is beyond a reasonable person's interpretation.

Frankly, you either have to be more of a Fan of Chan than a fan of the Jackets to twist and stretch reality beyond recognition. Pardon me if I don't get all atwitter over 7-4.

Hey, I despise Bradley as much as anybody, but there's nothing wrong with Braine having to publicly face the music of Chan's marginal tenure. Its clear the Tech community is deeply divided on Chan's shortcomings. Further, I'd respect Chan more if he was man enough to face the press himself and allow some AJC writer to have at him directly, instead of Braine having to face the press.

Hey, I'm a Tech fan and I'll root for the Jackets come what may. But it hurts Tech (and me) badly to not have top notch leadership for the football program. The players, students, alumni and fans deserve it - and eventually, the academic fund raising programs will feel the pinch.

For the tradition of Tech football to endure, it must be consistently strengthened, not set adrift through marginal leadership.

Chan offers no evidence of being man enough to acknowledge the need for an OC, nor the ability to ensure the QB position is effectively managed. Under those circumstances, barring a miracle, 2005 will be painfully similar to 2004 - assuming Tenuta remains and barring serious injuries and the maturation of some young OL.

Hey, I believe in miracles, but I don't depend on them. I once supported Chan, but there comes a time when I refuse to be a Chan Butt-Boy and make him more important than the football program itself. I'm not going to join in circling the wagons. At the risk of being labeled a scalawag and facing the latter day Vigilance Committee, I'll be critical of Chan as I see fit.

Re: I was disappointed in Braine\'s comments....

I know someone who was there live for the interview and said that AUB left out a lot of commentary from Braine. He said 6-5 was not good enough...but he followed it up by saying that because of the schedule one could go 6-5 and still be vastly improved over this year...and that he will be looking at progress as well as just record.

You can never forget that newspapers take things out of context all the time.

That is the PROBLEM!!!

The chan bashers here are so desperate they took Braine's comments and TWISTED into an agemda saying Chan is going to get fired next year if doesnt get 7 wins....

THAT IS NOT THE CASE !!!!!

Braine has never said that and as any AD would has spoke to Dawg loving Bradley and the ONLY point he was making IS that we at GT are not satisfied with 7 wins a year and that next year we will be better...By saying that, he is really giving Chan Gailey a compliment..(Of course Bunger and the others are spinning it the other way for their agenda) The compliment is that next year we should be better...In other words (for any reasonable person to read that) Chan is improving our team and we expect continued improvement next year....EVIDENTLY,(Much to you Chan Bashers dismay) The Recruits are reading it that way as we are already looking like we will have our best class in year's along with a stud RB transfer from OU....So of course Bunger and the Bashers wouldn't admit this truth...It hurts their credibilty and cause...

Back