I watched the Vandy replay last night

83jacket, how many practices have you seen? The exact number please. I am just dying to know. So we would be 0-5 with Bilbo starting. Oh, OK, that settles that.

Stateline,
Just to clarify my thoughts-Although the offense is not functioning well I don't think that Bilbo as a better QB than Ball by any means.I just think that CG should have given Ball a break with someone(Suggs prob)in the last 2 games when the offense and he was doing NOTHING.btw-it will be funny as h--- when Ball gets hurt and Suggs has to go in cold to play prob in a critical situation.CG will no doubt say-"gee,I don't understand why Suggs couldn't operate well he has all that experience." grrrrrrr
Much like-"gee,I didn't know this many guys could flunk,I don't recall anybody flunking out with the Dolphins or Cowboys"

Not much difference in saying we'd be 0-5 with Bilbo at QB and that we'd be better off if he was. Total speculation on both statements. The facts are Bilbo is a WR, Ball is our QB and Gailey is our coach.

Ramsting:

I have attended 15 practices during last spring and this summer practice. Ask anybody else who was there. If Bilbo could have made significant progress it would be his job. The job was there for the taking. It is not a slam on him, he just is not a D1 QB primarily becasue he has not been able to adjust to the speed of the college game. I think he has the opportunity to be a very good receiver for GT

Originally posted by 83jacket:
Ramsting:

I have attended 15 practices during last spring and this summer practice. Ask anybody else who was there. If Bilbo could have made significant progress it would be his job. The job was there for the taking. It is not a slam on him, he just is not a D1 QB primarily becasue he has not been able to adjust to the speed of the college game. I think he has the opportunity to be a very good receiver for GT
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">People also don't realize that there have been quite a few OUTSTANDING college quarterbacks that couldn't make the transition to the pros. Case in point is the guy who became a head case a couple of years ago. He was drafted by the San Diego Chargers I believe, and was a Washington St. collegiate. Great college quarterback, had the prototype build for the NFL, but couldn't make the mental transition. Still made a lot of money though.

Not everyone can make it to the next level, whether it be 8th grade football, B-team, highschool varsity, college, etc...

Just get over it. Bilbo reached his capabilities at the QB position. Just because he is not a Div. 1 QB doesn't mean he isn't a Div. 1 football player. He has the skills and the athleticism, and apparently the intelligence to quickly learn an entirely new position.

Bilbo isn't dumb, and that is NOT why he didn't make it at QB. He simply reached his limits at that position. Simple as that. Be happy for him that he is still here, and that he has a tremendous oppportunity to further his athletic career.

Yep Techa$$$$$$$. It was me (I) so Saturday come hades or hi water I'll be there cheering them on. When you see the flag come a running and lets chat. I have my rhuematoid really acting up so it may not be hi but it will be there.

Back