If Samford is added

texstinger

Dodd-Like
I can not see contributing to A-T or renewing season tix. If true this crap has got to stop somewhere.

If it is true, it will be one of the worst decisions that could have been made.

Braine-Dead has got to go!!! Period!!!

The schedule had finally gotten to a point where the worst teams that we were playing were the Vandy's of the world.

And now we're going to revert back to the schedules of the Bill Lewis era to match the play from the Bill Lewis era!

Holy crap! Anyone have a link for more on this? If that actually happens, we may not get 25k out to BDS to watch a game like that. If we're going to schedule "personal" games like that, at least go get Troy State instead. It would be typical Braine to put either of these on the schedule.

Could you imagine an '04 home schedule with:
FSU
UVA
UConn
Wake
Duke
Samford

wtf.gif

Since there are looser standards on this board, I can tell my true feelings and say that playing Samford would be complete BULL****!!!! They've known about this opening for a while!!! Playing Division I-AA schools should have NO PLACE at Georgia Tech.

mad.gif
pat.gif
soapbox.gif

wtf.gif

Never mind, found one. Here's the link from the Hive. This looks like it's really gonna happen. The alumni board and anyone with a say at Tech should not put up with this #$%@. I'm with Moose on this one...Tech has no place playing garbage teams like this.

Linkage

Maybe Braine scheduled a 2-for-1 with them like he did with UConn.
lightningzap.gif

that is the only way gailey can win some games, therefore we have to play crap teams like samford.

pat.gif

IF true...and I will capitalize "if"...then we will probably not have to pay Samford as much $$$ as another team. Another brilliant move by the GTAA to raise money for Tech.

Shady that is not true about CG. 3 weeks ago we beat awebern & then almost beat fsu. Yes CU cold cocked us but the season must bee judged on the whole. THE POINT IS, this is not about CG. It is about clough & braine. IF, IF, this is true then it will hurt the school, the players, it will make it MORE difficult to recruit, it will DECREASE season tix, ONCE AGAIN THE ADMINISTRATION WILL HAVE HURT OUR OWN S/A's. If this is true ALL supporters must BOMBARD clough & braine. IF this is true it will, and rightfully so, bee the smallest crowd in modern day GT history. IF this is true it is a cowardly thing on our part. IF this is true I can have nothing but sympathy for our S/A's. IF this is true clough & braine MUST BEE FIRED IMMEDIATELY!!!! IF this is true the only thing, outside of their removal, is to withhold all A-T $ and not buy season tix.

Ghostbuster:

Well why don't we just sell rides in the Ramblin' Wreck and throw the rest of our tradition into the gutter. Or maybe raffle off overnight outings at the Hyatt with our Cheer Leading staff or maybe with the expanding Co-ed population - there are some Dads that are "not" going to appreciate that idea. Between the priority seat sales packages, the Letterman Club for sale on E-bay, and anything else not nailed down for sale - we're allowing ourselves to be whored by a disrespectful idiot.

"Notre Dame" isn't playing Ogelthorpe or Valdosta State at any time - they maintain a upper crust attitude toward competition and national exposure. Why should we settle for mediocrity in schedule selection, why should we present anything less than Division 1 readiness in all games throughout the entire season.

There is a "Warning Label" that has been purposefully attached to sucessful Divison 1 football programs for years. "Do not risk your national reputation by scheduling teams from less competitive levels that might have one of those infamous - on any given day events."

"Well we've checked with 29 peer institutions, and they all participate in this kind of activity", that is the patented Davey Boy answer. This is Georgia Tech, not a peer, we are leaders, not also rans. This mediocrity leadership in the GTAA just can't suck enough. David Braine and his cronies are just DUMB beyond belief.

And money from one game, while giving up that kind of ground on schedule reputation, is not worth the backlash. Big name teams fill the stands and draw national attention (TV). Keep the big names on the schedule, attract the big name athletes that want to be in the limelight, and develop a team that is capable of competing at that level every year, every game, no matter what!

Small minds like David Braine's do not deserve to be awarded public attention. Dump that idiot before he sells the Wreck.

Ghostbuster - You wouldn't be one of Davey's Boys would you? You seem to like the garage sale mentality.

I am seriously beginning to believe the conspiracy that Braine is hoping to get bought out.

It is the only logical explanation. No man can be this stupid. Especially one that is one of the highest paid in his profession.

Braine is running us into the ground in hopes of gettin his $2 Mill buyout in early retirement. Keep it up GTAA.

I hope you are revising your revenue forecasts!

Did it ever occur to any of you guys that a lot of schedule changes are going to have to occur over the next few years due to expansion. That means dropping teams already scheduled (often scheduled years in advance). Quite likely we need one game for next year only due to this and the only way to get one is to pay a 1-AA team to do it. 1-A teams are unlikely to agree to play only one year. I am not a Braine fan either, but you seem to let your dislike get in the way of logical thinking

Call me weird Ken04, but I would rather play a good Division I team on the road and only play five home games. It would add more credibility to our team, and it would better prepare us than playing a small school before a small crowd (and not televised).

Besides, I've grown to like road games a HELL of a lot more than our home games. Speaking of which, I'm walking out the door in 5 minutes to drive to Nashville.

Actually I don't disagree with you GTMOOSE. I hate playing 1-AA games. Also for season ticket holders, it means we have to pay for a really worthless game. However, from a money standpoint, I understand what GTAA is trying to do even if I don't like it.

Ace:

Save that e-mail - and others should do the same. That goes for anyone that has received an e-mail, or e-mails in my case, from David Braine that reflect, "a get the last word attitude from an Athletic Director that firmly believes that he is above criticism from a lowly alumni". Davie Braine has hung himself repeatedly, in word and deed. There are many, true Georgia Tech people, that are becoming more aware of Braine's disrespect for our school in total. In print, David Braine is not, in any way, up to our standards as a leader, or even someone that has Georgia Tech's best interest in mind. Everything is about what is good for David Braine and his personal image.

For the people that cringe when reading the criticism, they need to become more involved, "And see what is going on in the Edge Center!" My comments about Braine are not off the cuff, nor are they inappropriate - and I have never been, "A sit on my hands, don't rock the boat, kind of non-confrontational observer when things were not right". It is time for Leaders to be Leaders, and it's time to stand up and speak out against what is wrong for Georgia Tech.

We have no business planning schedules around Parkview High School, or Agnes Scott College to satisfy an open spot in the schedule during Conference transition. Our national image depends on national competition, because we are not a school with 50,000 stadents with a broad educational curriculum - we have to reach out and prove that we are up to the task - that has always been our reputation, and anything less does not deserve consideration.

Short term money is prostitution. Mindless solutions to short term challenges represent stupidity. Preserving our status as a school with national recognition, at the Division 1 level, confirms our commitment to the "Ramblin' Wreck Fight Song".

Anyone that wants to doubt that, needs to crawl back into their pension plan and protect themselves from reality - David Braine is a joke!! Did I say that? Well, you can probably tell, when called to speak up for the right reason - It's not the first time,......Go Jackets!!!

Originally posted by JoltinJacket:
Holy crap! Anyone have a link for more on this? If that actually happens, we may not get 25k out to BDS to watch a game like that. If we're going to schedule "personal" games like that, at least go get Troy State instead. It would be typical Braine to put either of these on the schedule.

Could you imagine an '04 home schedule with:
FSU
UVA
UConn
Wake
Duke
Samford

wtf.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Isn't our schedule going to change dramitically with the new ACC next year? Hopefully, we will lose our unbalanced home schedule.

Here is what I posted after sending Coach Braine a scathing Email vigorishly protesting his lack of scheduling acumen.

posted 06-22-2003 11:45 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mr Braine replied to my scathing email, with class, & even tho he didn't give much information, there was still some to break down. Here is his reply & a breakdown of what it says to me:
Mr. L,

You seem to be angry with me because something I told you in an e-mail
did not come true...why would I risk your anger again by telling you
our tentative scheduling plans?

GT will always have at least six home games...with that as our top
priority, we work on future football scheduling continuously...we have
not given up the 2008 and 2011 Auburn games.

My best,

David T. Braine
Athletic Director
Georgia Tech

1) We do not have a 6th home game for '04. It's tentative. (His reply to my reply reiterated that '04 is tentative. Sure hope we're not letting UConn back out).
2) He does not say '6 home games vs div1a competition', just 6 home games.
3) Halleahluja! We still have Auburn scheduled for '08,'11. We have not dropped those gms vs Auburn. Great news!

This is so insulting, if true! I cannot believe the level to which our AD is dragging us!

Please SAY IT ISN'T SO!!

Actually, it makes alot of sense.

The way our team performs it ought to be a close game between Tech and Samford, offering fans a possible win.

It is very consistent with Clough/Braine's view of "football".

Originally posted by AWB:
Ghostbuster:

Well why don't we just sell rides in the Ramblin' Wreck and throw the rest of our tradition into the gutter. Or maybe raffle off overnight outings at the Hyatt with our Cheer Leading staff or maybe with the expanding Co-ed population - there are some Dads that are "not" going to appreciate that idea. Between the priority seat sales packages, the Letterman Club for sale on E-bay, and anything else not nailed down for sale - we're allowing ourselves to be whored by a disrespectful idiot.

"Notre Dame" isn't playing Ogelthorpe or Valdosta State at any time - they maintain a upper crust attitude toward competition and national exposure. Why should we settle for mediocrity in schedule selection, why should we present anything less than Division 1 readiness in all games throughout the entire season.

There is a "Warning Label" that has been purposefully attached to sucessful Divison 1 football programs for years. "Do not risk your national reputation by scheduling teams from less competitive levels that might have one of those infamous - on any given day events."

"Well we've checked with 29 peer institutions, and they all participate in this kind of activity", that is the patented Davey Boy answer. This is Georgia Tech, not a peer, we are leaders, not also rans. This mediocrity leadership in the GTAA just can't suck enough. David Braine and his cronies are just DUMB beyond belief.

And money from one game, while giving up that kind of ground on schedule reputation, is not worth the backlash. Big name teams fill the stands and draw national attention (TV). Keep the big names on the schedule, attract the big name athletes that want to be in the limelight, and develop a team that is capable of competing at that level every year, every game, no matter what!

Small minds like David Braine's do not deserve to be awarded public attention. Dump that idiot before he sells the Wreck.

Ghostbuster - You wouldn't be one of Davey's Boys would you? You seem to like the garage sale mentality.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">AWB,

You mistook my post. I was being sarcastic. I am totally AGAINST playing Samford. And I agree, the GTAA will sale anything that is not nailed down.

Back