If Samford is added

#1 This is a good move. I got no problem with one easy game a year. Take all the wins you can get. When are people going to realize that the conference games are the ones that matter?

#2 I'm tired of listening to people ***** and moan about everything and blaming Braine as if he is personally trying to destroy GT. Get a grip. He's made some questionable decisions. Really, who do you people think you are?

Dear Kirbee:

What are you smoking? David Braine has repeated misepresented Georgia Tech on too many fronts - many out of view of the publiic eye, many in the face of other AD's in the ACC as well as other nationally respected schools, - many by challenging anyone, any Alumni, with legitimate questions about his attitude and actions

You haven't heard me criticize Gailey, or Hewitt - they have to carry what Dave has put on their plates. I firmly believe that both coaches are good for Gerogia Tech, especially if Georgia Tech tradition and policy are put on the fore front.

Kirbee, the facade that Dave presents is not the real David Braine. If he needs you, he'll be nice to you - if you confront his motives or question his shallow directives, he'll not be that good 'ol boy that everyone sees in the set interviews. Until you have spoken with the collection variables that I have previously mentioned, until you have conversed with A.D's that know better, until you have been told about the Keystone Cop episodes that take place inside the walls of the Edge Center in relationship to members of the press - you just don't know! But that's O.K. - because now you do.

We can not afford to allow a Doug Weaver scenario to direct the future of our Athletic Program at Georgia Tech. In too many ways, that's what we have right now. Dave should retire, and someone else, with better fund raising capablilties, with a stabile knowledge of Georgia Tech in general, should be the next Athletic Director.

Don't take what you just heard as personal - just understand that there is much more to this situation that more Tech People ought to know. We have an empty suit at the end of the conference table in the Edge Center.

It gets old that is all. People act like they have the personal right to call him up or email him and have a personal explaination of every tiny thing. Its so arrogant -- just as arrogant as what people are saying Braine is. Maybe there are problems, I don't pretend to be an insider so I don't really know. But people go off the deep end in their hatred sometimes.

If we want a full stadium and a non D-1 program, extend an invitation to Georgia Southern. I'm sure the Statesboro faithful would be here in numbers you wouldn't believe.

Samford? Absolute horsecrap!

Back