If the purpose of your post is just to irritate people...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeeStorm

The Dark Side of the Force
If the purpose of your post is just to irritate people or to further your political views about our coaching, I would advise you to take it to the Off-Topic forum. Put simply, if you want to engage in a FOC-anti FOC discussion, do it in the Off-Topic forum. The Football forum is for the discussion of football, the games, the strategy, etc. Any critique of the coach should not go past the most recent game. Quit dragging the past through this forum. If you want to discuss our coach's history, grab your library card and take it to the Off-Topic forum. FOCing and anti-FOCing belongs in Off-Topic unless it pertains to the most recent game. If you want to engage in some childish name-calling affair, take it to the Off-Topic forum. This covers snide little one-liners whose sole point is to irritate that a few posters are known for. This also includes the continued ravaging of Dave Braine's "mistakes" of the past. We have all heard them, and unless you have something new, take it to Off-Topic.

I have tried to make this as clear as possible. If I get tired of moving an individuals posts to Off-Topic, that individual will find himself on the sidelines for a while. Once again, this is not an attempt to censor anything you say, but it is an attempt to re-locate where you say it. If there is any doubt, I would advise you to take it to Off-Topic.

And lest we think that this is directed at anti-FOCers only, this is also directed at FOCers who go out of their way to "bait" anti-FOCers in their posts (i.e. addressing a post to particular users).

Hopefully, this will clean up the football forum so members don't have to weed through repetitive philosophical posts in order to read football news.

BeeStorm,

Kudos on your attempt to stop the hijacking and
bashing. Its no fun being forced into the role of
babysitter, but your board will improve greatly
with a little less vitriole and personal agenda.

Thank you BeeStorm,

I join these boards to find out more about Tech football and discuss it in a mature, informed way. I don't want to listen to whining. It's time consuming to sort through the chaff and wheat.

It almost drove me away. Thanks for the lifeline.

Originally posted by kirbee:
where did my reply go?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">into an edit of my original post. If I had left your reply, it would look like you didn't read the post.
wink.gif

Whew!!! Thanks a lot Beestorm. Even though I have been guilty under the above stated guidelines, I am sooooo grateful for this announcement and its follow-through.

Originally posted by BeeStorm:
into an edit of my original post. If I had left your reply, it would look like you didn't read the post.
wink.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Oh I see now. Thanks!

This is great BeeStorm. I have been guilty as have most of us at one time or another but things were completely out of control. THANKS AGAIN

Thank You Beestorm. I check out stingtalk everyday and for the most part enjoy reading it,but lately about 30 seconds is all I could stand.Great move on your part and look for better things from stingtalk.

Originally posted by BeeStorm:
If the purpose of your post is just to irritate people or to further your political views about our coaching, I would advise you to take it to the Off-Topic forum. Put simply, if you want to engage in a FOC-anti FOC discussion, do it in the Off-Topic forum. The Football forum is for the discussion of football, the games, the strategy, etc. Any critique of the coach should not go past the most recent game. Quit dragging the past through this forum. If you want to discuss our coach's history, grab your library card and take it to the Off-Topic forum. FOCing and anti-FOCing belongs in Off-Topic unless it pertains to the most recent game. If you want to engage in some childish name-calling affair, take it to the Off-Topic forum. This covers snide little one-liners whose sole point is to irritate that a few posters are known for. This also includes the continued ravaging of Dave Braine's "mistakes" of the past. We have all heard them, and unless you have something new, take it to Off-Topic.

I have tried to make this as clear as possible. If I get tired of moving an individuals posts to Off-Topic, that individual will find himself on the sidelines for a while. Once again, this is not an attempt to censor anything you say, but it is an attempt to re-locate where you say it. If there is any doubt, I would advise you to take it to Off-Topic.

And lest we think that this is directed at anti-FOCers only, this is also directed at FOCers who go out of their way to "bait" anti-FOCers in their posts (i.e. addressing a post to particular users).

Hopefully, this will clean up the football forum so members don't have to weed through repetitive philosophical posts in order to read football news.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">THANKS BEESTORM! You handle the board very well. KEEP IT UP!

Beestorm....That would be GREAT!!!!

IF you follow through with this, this place will be a LOT more civil...We can begin to actually come together as GT fans and NOT making this forum such a political one of the Anti Chan posters against the Pro-GT posters...

Please follow through with this!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back