If TStan can’t recognize this garbage

I remember before the season started when the powers that be said we needed to make a bowl. Then we lost to NIU. Before long it was, “we need to win 2 of these next 3 and really show that we’ve made progress in order to retain the coach.”

Then it was “win 1.” Then it was “put up a good effort against ND.”

So far thinking CPJ was the problem hasn't panned out. Maybe it was time for a change. Maybe just not any change.
It’s almost as if they should have kept CPJ and CNW and opened the wallet to improve recruiting, culture-building, branding, and facilities. Had the AD been proactive and initiated this himself, perhaps PJ could have deferred retirement a few more years and kept the program winning at least 7-8 a year. But that’s all water under the bridge at this point…

Paul Johnson’s winning had come to an end. He could no longer recruit FBS talent. He s was smart as a fox and knew football. But you can’t win FBS with FCS talent.

couldn’t then and certainly can’t now with inferior coaching. Roster isn’t where it needs to be especially in the trenches.

So far thinking CPJ was the problem hasn't panned out. Maybe it was time for a change. Maybe just not any change.
I remember before the season started when the powers that be said we needed to make a bowl. Then we lost to NIU. Before long it was, “we need to win 2 of these next 3 and really show that we’ve made progress in order to retain the coach.”

Then it was “win 1.” Then it was “put up a good effort against ND.”
Then it was, “Wonder if we can hold Ugag under 70”

Here's a novel idea, hire Dr. Homer Rice to serve as a consultant to Todd Stansbury. I am sure Dr. Rice has forgotten more football than Stansbury and Collins have seen in their lifetimes! The only mistake Dr. Rice made was hiring Bill Lewis, but he realized the mistake he made and brought GOL back to the Flats. t.i.c.

Last edited:
Paul Johnson’s winning had come to an end. He could no longer recruit FBS talent. He s was smart as a fox and knew football. But you can’t win FBS with FCS talent.
WE WON 7 games in 2018!!!!!!! We won 9 in 2016 and beat UGA!

We lost to Clemson and UGA a lot over his last few seasons when they were going close to undefeated. Stop saying he couldn’t win. We were still winning!! The revisionism required to convince yourself we needed to get away from CPJ’s philosophy is absurd.

Here's a novel idea, hire Dr. Homer Rice to serve as a consultant to Todd Stansbury. I am sure Dr. Rice has forgotten more football than Stansbury and Collins have seen in their lifetimes! The only mistake Dr. Rice made was hiring Bill Lewis, but he realized the mistake he made and brought GOL back to the Flats.
The guy who was hooked up to oxygen for his ceremony a few weeks ago, we think he can come to work and fix football? Sorry, not gonna happen.

Here's a novel idea, hire Dr. Homer Rice to serve as a consultant to Todd Stansbury. I am sure Dr. Rice has forgotten more football than Stansbury and Collins have seen in their lifetimes! The only mistake Dr. Rice made was hiring Bill Lewis, but he realized the mistake he made and brought GOL back to the Flats.

He's 94 and ya'll are trying to make him work? Lol

Back