If we lose 7-8 more players

The 7-8 is a number that are on the bubble but usually summer is where it either gets corrected or they are gone. Unfortunately, we had 11 in the spring semester fail so it's all up in the air down there! It's a f****** disaster that could get worse before it gets better. I guess I know now why Dr. Clough keeps comparing us to MIT and Caltech...

Losing the numbers we have lost already is akin to being put on probation.. if we lose another 7-8 guys... thats the equivalent of losing an entire recruiting class... it will take us a min of 3 years to get competitive again..

It would be just shy of a self-imposed DEATH PENALTY
pat.gif

BOO

And Jacketguy if the system and people don't change recruiting will be SO BAD that we may NEVER get over it. THIS IS SERIOUS STUFF FOLKS. DON"T KID YOURSELVES TO THINK WITHOUT THOSE CHANGES EVERYTHING WILL BE ALRIGHT IN DENMARK.

When after summer school do we know? I hope after all this - SOMEONE THERE is monitoring their academic well being!
pat.gif

I pray that we don't lose any additional
players, but if we do,anybody that has
followed football knows what kind of
impact this will have on our football
program.

Our coaches will have to resort playing
many true Freshman, even if they are ready
or not ready to play at this level.

Say goodbye to red-shirting this past year's
and next year's recruiting classes.

If this happens ... and I hope it doesn't, the long term effect can be devastating on all fronts.

I agree with everything you good folks are saying.. I am deeply disturbed by this... our leadership and system has failed us, and this from an institute that takes pride in its ability to teach analytical, systematic thinking.

It took Miami 6 years to fight its way back from a probation.. and we arent Miami (in terms of football) .. SMU has not made it back in 20 years..

Dave Braine and Carol Moore need to hit the road immediately... (and I still say ultimately its the students responsibility to perform, but it seems that some approached their job of support half hearted at best, while others were simply asleep at the wheel)

It seems to me that our athletic program has been thrown against the mountain... the leaders hired to run it are resposible, and should have to pay a price.

Back