If we want to beat Georgia...

bugboy

Damn Good Rat
We'll have to do it with defense. Defense has carried us through the year. It beat UVA and NC State. It beat UNC and BYU. It kept us close against Clemson and was enough to beat FSU (if our O had held up their end of the bargain).

Outside of 2nd half Maryland, our D has played well all year. We're 7-4 because of our defense. Tenuta has 2 weeks to prepare a game plan to stop UGA's passing attack. I hope he has our guys ready and in the right schemes. Georgia's offense is not overly impressive. They seem to get points when they need them, but they don't run all over people.

We've sat around this board and argued about our offense all year. At this point, I'm not gonna point fingers at anyone, coach or player. But I will say this...if we score against UGA, it had better be early. They have a coordinator that really makes good halftime adjustments. Let's hope that somehow, we can get BOB/CG on the same page and run an offense that utilizes our strengths. We have a good short passing game and a good RB in Clinkscale. It sure would be nice to see Bilbo in there doing something. If nothing else, it would throw off Georgia's schemes. We're not gonna score a ton of points on Georgia...but with our defense, maybe we won't have to.

Georgia is a really good team, but they haven't dominated anyone (except KY in the 2nd half). So, we have a good chance to keep this game close and maybe we can pull out a victory. At this point, I wouldn't predict a Tech win...but I really think we'll give them a good fight.

I agree with you that you have a chance against us. You've got very good team speed on defense and swarm to the ball. I would disagree that our offense hasn't dominated anyone besides Kentucky in the 2nd half. We beat the pants off of Vanderbilt, the two patsy teams and punished Alabama until we decided ease up late in the 3rd Qtr., thereby giving Bama wiggle room to get back into the game and eventually take the lead. We are clearly a second half team by most accounts.

Tech will be tough to beat and I expect a close game. We have played 10 straight games and the rest will get some players healthy and recharged. I like Georgia's chances because I think we will control both lines of scrimage in the second half and make enough big plays to finish the drill. But like I said, I think you guys will play hard, tough football and won't lay down at all.

Ugag is infinitely beatable.

But not if Coach Gailey continues to hold back the offense; and not if we continue to play a very inconsistent AJ Suggs regardless of how he is performing.

Our defense is outstanding; but we do gamble quite a bit and occasionally get burned (like against FSU).

The ideal situation is like in the BYU game where we end up more than 1 score ahead in the 4th quarter and give the defense a little breathing room to be aggressive.

If we play like Auburn, and have a lead late in the game and play not to lose on offense, then we will be putting unnecessary pressure on our defense and be asking for exactly the same thing that Auburn got. All Auburn had to do was get a first down or two and the game was theirs....they didn't even try to get a first down. And they paid for it.

Dawg Byte,

Regarding the LOS, what do you think of GT's o-line. Personally, I feel this might be a very underrated group at this point. With Dorsey back in the lineup it's a very productive group. Sullivan is a monster but I love our center and guards, You've got 3 guys that are very very underrated in there. When we played you guys in previous years, your DTs could really explote the undersized Schmidgal, but Reilly is a man right now in the middle. IMHO, this is the second best o-line you guys have seen this year after Bama.

Also I think you guys can mash our d-line if you come at us, but that doesn't seem to be the way Richt likes to do it. If you guys play a sideways came with us, we might have some success.

Axe, I think you are right. If UGA throws alot and runs wide, they are going to allow our defense to keep us in the game. If they line up and run Musa right at us, we are in big trouble. Our defense has played outstanding this year, but I don't think we have met anybody as physical as Georgia yet. I just see those guys wearing down in the second half. On offense, I will be shocked if we score 14 points. Georgia is the best defense we will play all year and our offensive struggles are not going to be cured in two weeks. Objectively, I just don't see anyway we can score enought to win this game.

I think you guys have a solid offense line and Dorsey is certainly a star. Because we can rotate so many defensive linemen during the game we seem to wear down OL's in the second half. However, I think you guys will not make it easy to get to Suggs.

I think you guys are a better team than your record indicates. Injuries for GT have been big, just like they have for Georgia. Turnovers will be key in this game - no team can afford to caugh up the ball. Like I said I think it will be a very close game, regardless of what the Georgia fans say.

Oh my gosh...I didnt think it exsisted! A bulldawg with class. Dawgbyte, your really makeing your team look better then 80% of your other fans do. You have REAL class. Keep it, it will take you far in life.

RW4L

Back