If You Could Create GT's

MsTechAnalysis

Jolly Good Fellow
Re: If You Could Create GT\'s

Did not finish my list:

3. Ohio State/Michigan - just because we have never had a Big 10 team on our schedule as long as I've been going to these games.

4. Washington/USC - again a team out west, good for the program and recruiting the area.

5. Virginia Tech - think it could become a good rivalry over some years.

Here's mine, MsTech:

1. Uga (no brainer)
2. Auburn: tremendous rivalry
3. Tennessee: ditto on rivalry.
4. Southern Cal: always was a great East coast/West coast matchup. Also SC has been one of those "mythical" football programs with great traditions, fight song, etc.

I'd add to these lists:

Stanford
or
Northwestern

It could be billed as the "Brain Bowl" or something.

In addition to the above....

* Alabama ( we've should renew this one IMO)
* Notre Dame (oh, I forgot, they won't come to BDS:)
* U. Florida - just cause I'd like to go back to see a game at the swamp and of course a return to BDS

Back in the old days we had a home and home with Mich State so lets get that one back as well as Bama that was the real rivalry back in our days in the SEC so come on over Bama.

Like your two of UGA and AU MsTech.

Two other SEC schools I miss are Bama and UT. Feel in these days a need to recruit nationally (Yes, I do believe we need to recruit at home as well. Didn't stat to try to bring up a dead horse here.
wink.gif
), so it's important to play teams in areas to help exposure for recruiting. With that in mind ND is another good one.

Think it's good to have good out conference rivals which are in the SE, but to mix in and change up other school like the NDs, PSUs, TX A&Ms, and such of the college football world.

Excellent topic, MsTech Analysis!

Here is my list:

1. Auburn
2. Alabama
3. Tennessee
4. Florida
5. Notre Dame
6. South Carolina
7. Miami
8. Mississippi

I like everybody's suggestions and would add Texas, Oklahoma, and Nebraska to hit the best of the Big 12.

But especially Bama and Tennessee.

I was trying to recall the rivalries back during the coaching days of Whack Hyder. I really can't remember any big rivalry games, other than the Kentucky games.

It really bugged Kentucky because we could upset some of their best teams. For some reason, we always thought we had a chance against them.

smile.gif

Disregard the above post, I thought I was still in the basketball topics.

In football, Tennessee, Auburn, keep Vanderbilt on the schedule, Ole Miss, and LSU.

grin.gif

Originally posted by Beezoner:
I'd add to these lists:

Stanford
or
Northwestern

It could be billed as the "Brain Bowl" or something.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">BZ: Like your "Brain Bowl" idea!!
drinking.gif

1. UCLA (the school I wish I went to)
2. Florida (I hate those jerks)
3. Texas (what a crappy state)

Originally posted by oldfoggy:
Back in the old days we had a home and home with Mich State so lets get that one back as well as Bama that the real rivalry back in our days in the SEC so come on over Bama.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">OF: Would love to see the Tide back - wish this could happen as well!

I think that we need to have a Texas team on our schedule because of our need to recruit a state rich in both football and academics. I would add only one more SEC school because of the issue of low academics. Instead I would go after Stanford. Thus I would pick:
1. Texas or Texas A&M or Texas Tech
2. Georgia
3. Vanderbilt
4. Auburn or Alabama or Tennessee
5. Stanford

ND would give much TV exposure. PSU would yield good media as well.

waynehead, I wish you had gone to UCLA also, you're much too shortsighted for a real Tech man!

I'm a native of Augusta GA who grew up in the Houston TX area;beautiful country, gracious and considerate people, very good academics and athletics, sorry you've had a bad experience somewhere along the way!

Selah.

drinking.gif
drinking.gif

Ahso, we had more rivals in BB other than Kentucky and the obvious UGA. Hyder had a bitter rivalry with Babe McCarthy and Miss St. In fact the rivalry became so intense that McCarthy broke off relations with Tech because he accused a Tech player by the name of Caldwell of stealing one of States basketballs. Of course we had two brothers
by the name of Caldwell and Hyder could never get
NcCarthy to be specific about which Caldwell he was referring to.
Of course that was just an excuse to break off the schedule because we had just pulled out of the SEC and McCarthy was tired of getting his fanny beat. Hyder would have been more than willing to give them a ball if that had really been the problem.

UGAg because of legal requirements.

Bama, Auburn, LSU, or Tenn at least one every year.

Michigan State, Penn State, or Ohio State at least one every other year.

Texas A&M, Texas, or Oklahoma one maybe every third year.

UCLA USC or Washington one every third year.

drinking.gif
shocked.gif
wink.gif

1. UGAG
2. Auburn
3. Tennessee
4. Alabama
5. South Carolina
6. Florida
7. Vandy

Would like to see Auburn, Tenn. & 'Bama added to the OOC schedule permanently just like UGAG.
Never a dull minute with that kind of slate.
drinking.gif

In addition to UGAg and Auburn, I would really like to see more of UCF, they always seem to field a highly competitive team, given their low-tiered program.

Back