If your program's strength is coaching...

CiraldoForever

Damn Good Rat
If your program's strength is coaching, you improve a lot in years one and two, and the you level off.

If your program's strength is recruiting, you improve a lot in years three and four, and then you take off.

CiraldoForever

Damn Good Rat
I mean you blew the other poster out. Sorry if that wasn't clear
Thanks. Sorry I misunderstood you. We are on the right track. I wish everybody could get behind our coaches and players. They are doing a great job. If we fans support them, we will be very good in two years. Very good for a long time.

OptionsJacket

BpBuSp
Thanks. Sorry I misunderstood you. We are on the right track. I wish everybody could get behind our coaches and players. They are doing a great job. If we fans support them, we will be very good in two years. Very good for a long time.
I wouldn't say they're doing a great job. Some are doing an ok to good job. But not in totality. Some players and some coaches are severely underperforming. CAT should be on a much shorter leash than CDP.

vapspwi

Dodd-Like
I dunno if we're on the right track or not. I do know that we're still setting records like "most points allowed," "largest margin of defeat," "largest margin of defeat to in-state rival," "first home shutout since like the Civil War" and so forth. At some point, it's put up or shut up time. We weren't at the Citadel's level in year 1, and we're not at the Citadel's level against a common opponent in year 2.

JRjr

ramblin_wreck08

Class of 2012
I dunno if we're on the right track or not. I do know that we're still setting records like "most points allowed," "largest margin of defeat," "largest margin of defeat to in-state rival," "first home shutout since like the Civil War" and so forth. At some point, it's put up or shut up time. We weren't at the Citadel's level in year 1, and we're not at the Citadel's level against a common opponent in year 2.

JRjr
This year’s team is clearly better than last year’s. We’re on the right track. Clemson is not the measuring stick right now. We’re 2-1 against teams outside the top 25 this year. That’s good progress, not to mention we have a guy in Gibbs who was one of the better athletes on the field today and just gets better each week. The future looks bright, but it takes time.

76tornados

Dodd-Like

JRjr
I have seen more recruiting/transfer progress from CAT than CDP. Offense looks much better than defense so I’m on the fence who has more on their plate currently.

cbee

Flats Noob
Yes, we were outclassed today but we also were not ready to play. Why did CGC have his starting right tackle in the game at the end? The only thing that can happen is that he gets hurt, and he did. Guess the positive is that Coach still loves his players so we have that going for us.

CiraldoForever

Damn Good Rat
I wouldn't say they're doing a great job. Some are doing an ok to good job. But not in totality. Some players and some coaches are severely underperforming. CAT should be on a much shorter leash than CDP.
This is a whacky year all over college football. It is better than no football, but not the same as regular football.

It seems like younger players would be impacted more by missing spring practice and regular fall practice than veterans.

Defense also seems like it has become pretty rare throughout college football.

Getting blown out is bad. But, being 2-2 in the conference is better than most people thought we'd be. I will take inconsistent over consistently terrible.

We have six conference games left. If we win two, that would be pretty good. If we won three of the six, that would make us 5-5 in the conference, which I think would be great and get us in a bowl.

My goal is for us to win two or three more games and thus do good enough on the field to keep from hurting our recruiting momentum. That's why I think we fans need to stay positive.

swampsting

Now with incredulous facial expression
We had 2 conference wins last year too

and we sucked the moose

we still suck

Gibbs is good. Sims has some upside. He also does some WTF stuff
But Clemson has guys running wide open. They had their fourth string in in the fourth and we’re kicking our ass. The Ugalslei or whatever his name is, the 5 star freshman QB, didn’t even play after Lawrence came out