I'll be the 1st to admit ...

deacjacket

Varsity Lurker
I\'ll be the 1st to admit ...

I did not believe Gailey could rally the troops to beat Auburn. I've doubted his hire from day 1, but Saturday makes me FULLY aware that we've got a long way to go before we can assess his success.

Re: I\'ll be the 1st to admit ...

I appreciate your up frontness and honesty. I am a solid supporter for Chan Gailey from day one but I really didn't think we could prevail last Sat. as we did. BUT, WHAT DO I KNOW?

Originally posted by deacjacket:
I did not believe Gailey could rally the troops to beat Auburn. I've doubted his hire from day 1, but Saturday makes me FULLY aware that we've got a long way to go before we can assess his success.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">How's that again? You've always doubted him and you still do? What's your point?

Good one belly, you have caught me "fence-straddling" before. Keep up the good work.

You're right, belly, my message bears vagueness. I'll clarify:

Before Auburn, I was convinced Gailey was the wrong man, had no clue about the collegiate game (at least not the current version, maybe back in the 80s) and I was convinced we would get beat badly by Auburn. I fell in the group that thought we would win 2 or 3 games and the team would quit a lot.

I was dead wrong about the Auburn game and how the team and coaching staff would perform.
I might be dead wrong all together about Gailey and how he'll lead this team.

Finally, I would much prefer to be an idiot on this issue (that is, Gailey takes us to bowls, etc., and succeeds) because that would mean I'll be a happy idiot.

Summing up, I guess I misspoke, I've gone from negatively convinced to not sure but very hopeful.

Back