I'm glad we're playing Tulsa. We owe them one.

gnats67

Dodd-Like
Re: I\'m glad we\'re playing Tulsa. We owe them one.

Actually I'm glad we're playing Tulsa instead of Boise Freakin State myself. I know Boise is supposedly a "better" team and all that but I think Tulsa will make for a better bowl match up.

Too bad about the blue field though (what's up with that?).
tongue.gif

I have been in Idaho the week of January 1st and believe me it is real cold and always snowing...It should be a good experience for our team though...They should go out there at the very LEAST a week early to get used to the elements and in particular the thin mountain air...

Yeah, just like we did prior to the BYU game?

I\'m glad we\'re playing Tulsa. We owe them one.

In the rubber game of Tech's Bowl series with Tulsa, although it took us 58 yrs to get to 'break-point', we'll finally decide who holds the Bowl series edge.
Tulsa must've had some strong teams in the 40s as they were invited to the Sugar Bowl & Orange Bowl in back-to-back seasons, just as Ga Tech was. GT wins the '44 Sugar, barely, by a 20-18 score over the Hurricane & then Tulsa whips Tech 26-12 in the '45 Orange.
It's nice to see Tulsa rising again & in a Bowl. ConferenceUSA should help them continue to stay competitive. With teams like Oklahome & Okla St in the same small population state, it's a wonder Tulsa has been able to do this. I noticed Tulsa's roster has the majority of it's players from Okla, unlike the Sooners & Cowboys who seem to get most of their players from Texas. The Tulsa Golden Hurricane appears to be more of Oklahoma's team than the other 2 bigger, stronger schools.
Don't cha know that The Hurricane would love to beat Ga Tech again like they did the '45 Orange Bowl? This game could break them into the national scene & be a huge building block for them.
Tech's got little to win, but lots to lose. It would look very bad to the ACC & deep South football to lose to a team like Tulsa. Let's go, Yellow Jackets, tear them up!

Ga Tech's Bowl games

I'm glad we're playing Tulsa, too...should be an easy win for GT to start off 2005.

Tulsa not that good.....Wish we were playing a SEC team

Originally posted by jacketpower:
I'm glad we're playing Tulsa, too...should be an easy win for GT to start off 2005.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">JP,

According the Sagarin ratings, Boise St is ranked #14 in the nation, Tech is ranked #42, BYU is ranked #71 and Tulsa is ranked #72.

Although I would rather have played the higher ranked Boise St team, we probably are lucky they considered us to be an inferior opponent and snubbed us to play 11-1 TCU instead. So we trade a top 20 team for a #72 team...which should be an easy victory.

But that certainly does not guarantee us a victory over an outmanned Tulsa team as we certainly did not beat BYU out there.

By the way, just for the record, dook is ranked #83....and we all know how that turned out.
puke.gif

Note: Last year we finished the season ranked #43....Fresno St. that whipped us in the Silicon Valley Bowl finished at #64.

Ye Ole Stinger...Beat Georgia again in Boise? We couldn't even beat them in our own house. I would love a rematch though.

Back