I'm going out on a limb!

techrod

Flats Noob
I\'m going out on a limb!

And hope I don't fall off. I am now predicting that Tech will have it's strongest class in the last 10 or so years!! The reason I say this is because of the visitors list thats coming in this week. It looks very strong from top to bottem. I don't see a [%] in it. This leads me to believe Chan IS NOT going to have to go to his second tier list. This is very important for this weekend. If he can close the deal on several of these guys then we are probably set up for a great class. This is the most important weekend I can remember. So hold tight brothers and sisters we got barn burner brewing!!!

Re: I\'m going out on a limb!

so does that mean you are going to ease up on Chan?

Why should 'rod ease up on Chan now that he has finally started to listen to him!!
laugh.gif

Originally posted by techrod:
And hope I don't fall off. I am now predicting that Tech will have it's strongest class in the last 10 or so years!! The reason I say this is because of the visitors list thats coming in this week. It looks very strong from top to bottem. I don't see a [%] in it. This leads me to believe Chan IS NOT going to have to go to his second tier list. This is very important for this weekend. If he can close the deal on several of these guys then we are probably set up for a great class. This is the most important weekend I can remember. So hold tight brothers and sisters we got barn burner brewing!!!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Like what you've stated here regarding first and second tier. That's my thinking as well. Of course we can't see our recruiting board in the Edge Center.
wink.gif
Boy, wouldn't you like to take a gander of that baby about now?

Being reported now that Cunningham, the OL from TX, named us his leader after an in home with Groh.
shocked.gif
Interesting. Sounds as though he's named GT over Neb. Still has visit to UVA and maybe A&M (MAYBE).

Totally agree with you that this weekend is huge. What a list of player on campus. Roberson from Booker T. Washington was in last night and today.

Like you quoted good ol Al
grin.gif
This is going to be some month and a half.

GeeTeeLee, for myself everything is now up in the air. I have stated 3 concerns in past post of which I will not commenton again for now. These were posted in the last 24 hrs. Rec. was one and this is looking shockingly good, although Chan must close the deal. As most of you know we can be disappointed at the last hour. If we can get a couple biggies real quick this imo would look good to other big names. Again this weekend is HUGE!

Originally posted by techrod:
GeeTeeLee, for myself everything is now up in the air. I have stated 3 concerns in past post of which I will not commenton again for now. These were posted in the last 24 hrs. Rec. was one and this is looking shockingly good, although Chan must close the deal. As most of you know we can be disappointed at the last hour. If we can get a couple biggies real quick this imo would look good to other big names. Again this weekend is HUGE!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Agreed, it's LOOKING extremely good, but nothings a done deal yet! There is a lot to happen between now and signing day. Have to love what we're hearing.

I'm right along with you.....getting a few top notch verbals from this bunch coming in this weekend could really get the ball rolling in a big way.

It's still down the road, but hearing JAN 10 is ANOTHER HUGE WEEKEND for us recruiting, but we got to get it done this weekend first!

I love recruiting. Exciting stuff! Go Jackets!

Techrod, I's just funnin' ya!

I share your concerns and nothing is certain until that signed LOI comes in! And sometimes not even then, as in the case of Quitsey....

techrod,

I hope you are right. Unfortunately this recruiting business is very tough and we have to wait until Feb to see how many commitments turn into signed LOI's.

I remember about 4 or 5 years ago we had a huge weekend with a number of big recruits who actually gave our staff strong indications they would verbal that next week. O'Leary or someone on his staff actually made a public comment to the fact that we woulod get 6 to 8 strong commitments from highly regarded prospects that week. Well we ended up with 2.

I don't say that to be discouraging, just that I wouldn't read too much into our guest list for this week meaning a slew of verbal commitments. But, it is an excellent sign that we have a strong group interested in Tech. It speaks well that the coaches apparently have been doing a better job recruiting than many on this board gave them credit for.

Very good comments cycle. Need to keep things in perspective remember these are still young men.

Back