I'm pumped and excited and will not sleep

Bayou Buzz

Varsity Lurker
I\'m pumped and excited and will not sleep

much this Wednesday night. My wife thinks I need some kind of professional help. She claims that my personality begins to change this time each year. I just watched my tape of last years BYU game.

I'll admit that I am not a student of the game, but only an ordinary rabid fan. However, IMHO opinion I believe the team that wins on Thursday will be the one that has the most grit, determination and old fashion refusal to lose.

In recent years two teams stand out in particular in this cagegory.

The 1998 team lost a devastating heartbreaking home opener to underdog Boston College, then went on to win 10 of the next 11 games. This team had something very special.

The 2000 team opened without a proven quarterback. Joe Hamilton now was just a wonderful memory. During the regular season we lost a road game at night in overtime. We had a catastrophic fumble from which we recovered to get the game to OT. On the final play we were faced with an impossible 4 and 20 something. We must have momentarily stopped the hearts of the NC State fans as Godsey fire the ball to an open receiver on the 5. An exceptionally rare missed catch and the game ended. [Later in the season Clemson was defeated with an acrobatic one handed catch in the endzone with 8 seconds to go by a quarterback, a receiver and a team that simply resued to lose.]

The only other loss in regualr season came against FSU. With 90 seconds left in the game and trailing by 5 points, Godsey had marched the team down the field to the FSU 40 but was faced with a 4 and 3. Godsey fires a pass to
Watson for 8 yards and a first down? No, Watson is hit early by the defender. After the 15 yard penalty we will have 1 and 10 on the 25 and 90 seconds left down by 5. Wait , no flag, FSU take over , takes a knee and game is over.

That is how close the 2000 team was to being undefeated through the regualr season.

I truly beleive that if we can capture those intangible qualities that the 1998 and 2000 teams had, no one will embarass us this year and we will surprise many.

I'm only a fan but I'm pumped and ready.

GO JACKETS!!!!!

Re: I\'m pumped and excited and will not sleep

BB, I am glad you are pumped. Your post got me a little pumped too!
I will never know if refusing to lose is what made that team so special, or if it was mostly Ralph. Probably both.

I think everyone here, ahso excluded, will be able to tell if this team has a never say die attitude. If they do, they will win more than they lose this year. The attitude will stick, and we will be fine for the near future.

By the way, I have a beautiful framed picture of "The Catch" hanging right over my monitor.
I'm ready, lets Go Jackets!!

Re: I\'m pumped and excited and will not sleep

Attaboy, Cool, and Bayou...........

Hey, this is our chance to rub noses in manure.
I only hope our gys are up to the task. ummmmmmmm, somehow believe that they are!!!!!!
I am driving a grandson (all-out Tech fan) 75 miles to watch the game with me on T.V./We too are hyped!!!! His cable is not delivering, so we want to make sure he (10 years old) gets to see the game. He makes every fan day, and every game possible in person. Let's get off the negative pot folks, and get with the program!!!!! No matter the player, coach, admin., etc. TECH, TECH, TECH (there is but one: no VA TEch, No TExas TEch, No other TEch) There is Just one TEch.........Georgia Tech!!!!!!! Who gives a flip, do you??????

Back