I'm sure CC was watching the CFP

Like when Tenuta left Pat Clark on an island against Matt Ryan?

We gave up 24 points in that loss to a future NFL Hall of Fame QB, to a BC team that also had other future NFL players on that roster

Compare that to a guy that gave up 49 to MTSU or lost to Kansas, or gave 34 points to friggin Minnesota

Or compare that to a guy that went 7-5 vs. G5 Teams over his 11 year tenure at GT

I think we need to stop poking fun at what Tenuta and his HC did here at GT

The problem is if you blitz and don’t get there then you get killed. You have to get to the QB in about 3 seconds or guys will be wide open all over the field. At times, GT hasn’t had good enough LBs to guarantee pressure even with blitzing. The other issue is if you blitz but leave lanes then a running QB will run you to death. Clemson and Bama made plays last night that GT players aren’t capable of making.

We gave up 24 points in that loss to a future NFL Hall of Fame QB, to a BC team that also had other future NFL players on that roster

Compare that to a guy that gave up 49 to MTSU or lost to Kansas, or gave 34 points to friggin Minnesota

Or compare that to a guy that went 7-5 vs. G5 Teams over his 11 year tenure at GT

We’ve never lost to Kansas, dipshit.

Tenuta had just as much trouble adjusting as you claim Johnson does. We had multiple fonts on here at that time complaining about it. If it didn't work, we didn't adjust. Pat Clark needed help. Pat Clark was a WR moved to corner with little experience there. He needed help, not to be put on an island. Matt Ryan had a record day because they recognized an inexperienced corner was on the field

Tenuta had just as much trouble adjusting as you claim Johnson does. We had multiple fonts on here at that time complaining about it. If it didn't work, we didn't adjust. Pat Clark needed help. Pat Clark was a WR moved to corner with little experience there. He needed help, not to be put on an island. Matt Ryan had a record day because they recognized an inexperienced corner was on the field
100% true. Tenuta was a very good DC for us, but we got embarrassed more than once when we couldn't adapt. 51-7 twice, humiliation at Clemson on GameDay, Matt Ryan picking us apart.

Honestly I feel like Tenuta would've complemented CPJ very well, though. It's a shame that he was paired with some pathetic offenses.

Last edited:

Seriously. I was at that game. The crowd was extremely unhappy with Gailey entering the game, and seeing our team being carved up made many miss just how spectacularly Matt Ryan actually played. He was almost perfect.

Giving up 24 points to him on that day should have been looked upon as an amazing achievement.

Seriously. I was at that game. The crowd was extremely unhappy with Gailey entering the game, and seeing our team being carved up made many miss just how spectacularly Matt Ryan actually played. He was almost perfect.

Giving up 24 points to him on that day should have been looked upon as an amazing achievement.
BC was really great at holding.

We never won öööö with Tenuta and Clown Gailey.

You need to stop sucking cock.

Wake Forest 2006.

A ööööing ööööty call pass interference against Guyton helped. öööö Matt Ryan. I hate his guts.

A ööööing ööööty call pass interference against Guyton helped. öööö Matt Ryan. I hate his guts.
I was pissed too. Nothing is more horrible than getting beat by a QB that beats you after drinking a couple of cosmopolitans before the game. Well, maybe not as horrible as a QB beating the crap out of you while wearing your jersey. Thanks Tenuta!

The problem is if you blitz and don’t get there then you get killed. You have to get to the QB in about 3 seconds or guys will be wide open all over the field. At times, GT hasn’t had good enough LBs to guarantee pressure even with blitzing. The other issue is if you blitz but leave lanes then a running QB will run you to death. Clemson and Bama made plays last night that GT players aren’t capable of making.
I guess you can pick your poison. Is it worse to give up 8-15 yard plays over and over, have teams convert every 3rd down or give up a big play because you gambled. Also if you gamble and are fortunate enough to get a big sack or even at least disrupt the QB, wouldn't the risk be worth taking? This should have been especially true during PJ's tenure with his offensive efficiency. Looks like a lot of STer's would prefer we continue with the read and react, putting 8 in coverage, letting QB's finding wide open receivers down the seams, having our weak tackling defense continuously miss tackle after tackle for non-contested scores. I'm just not in that camp.

I guess you can pick your poison. Is it worse to give up 8-15 yard plays over and over, have teams convert every 3rd down or give up a big play because you gambled. Also if you gamble and are fortunate enough to get a big sack or even at least disrupt the QB, wouldn't the risk be worth taking? This should have been especially true during PJ's tenure with his offensive efficiency. Looks like a lot of STer's would prefer we continue with the read and react, putting 8 in coverage, letting QB's finding wide open receivers down the seams, having our weak tackling defense continuously miss tackle after tackle for non-contested scores. I'm just not in that camp.
The only point is you have to have the players; you can’t just make blitzing work because you call blitzes. Not to be critical but you need different type of LBs than Brant Mitchell to succeed with a blitzing defense.

The only point is you have to have the players; you can’t just make blitzing work because you call blitzes. Not to be critical but you need different type of LBs than Brant Mitchell to succeed with a blitzing defense.
Doesn’t necessarily have to be Mitchell. You can bring corner or Safety blitzes too. Extra edge rusher. Many ways to bring the heat.

You need guys like:

Wheeler
Key Fox
Guyton
Daryl Smith
Brooking

I'm pretty sure all those guys graduated BTW, you have recruit & develop excellence at each step in the process, not just rely "on my genius system" to solve everything

Back