I'm tired of being a GT wuss fan

Axe

Flats Noob
I\'m tired of being a GT wuss fan

...today was enough to push me over the edge. I've been quiet for a while. Heartbroken watching the college football program I love fall apart since O'Leary left. Resume-gate, academic-gate, Wake-gate, 51-7 gate, premium seat-gate. But having to wake up listening to Freddie Jones whine about sitting too high, pushed me over the edge boys. THIS IS WHERE WE TURN IT AROUND!

I'm a Tech fan, I love watching GT on Fall Saturdays, and UGAg, their team, their fans, and their ticket manager stink! I called the ticket office and bought 4 of the $89 UGA ticket packages and hope the rest of you do the same. You can certainly find a GT fan to sell them to or give them to a local kids group, etc. But I'm not going to sit around and watch those rednecks buy up our season tickets.

As far as our team goes, I have my questions about Gailey and the folks that run our program. However, I'll be honest and say I haven't given the man a chance. He really didn't know what he was getting himself into and neither did a lot of us. He's been put in a tough spot, but he's a Tech man and he's got my 100% support. What else can I do as a fan.

We might not have QB, a d-line, or any running backs, but I'm going to get behind this team fully. We could be 3-9, 2-10, or may not win a single game. I really don't care. I'm going to get behind this team, cheer my butt of and be proud to be a Tech fan. If our guys give it all they've got for 12 games this year, I'll fell like a winner.

I'm not posting this to preach. I'm mad at myself and I'm tired of being a wuss. It's time for me to stop crying in my milk and become a proud Tech fan again. Perhaps, some of you feel the same. Well, I'm tired of feeling this way and I'm ready to kick some butt.

TO HELL WITH GEORGIA
and
Freddie Jones

Re: I\'m tired of being a GT wuss fan

Axe, that is what I call taking positive action.

Amen!!

I don't give a sh_t if they like it or not! I don't care if they have to walk 6 miles to get to their seats! Do you people think that the people in athens will play nice if we will? Piss on that!
It's time to stop getting pushed around and take this program to the next level!
We must do this with or without Chan or DB! Bottom line if we are not successful both should be shown the door!! If they can't get the job done, then find somebody that will! If they get the job done then let them stay forever!!
As for Carol Moore....what in the world are we thinking? How in the world did she ever get involved in our athletic program in the first place! Somebody, have some nutts and do what has to be done! I'm not saying that we'll ever be a program like a Miami, etc but for nearly 7-8 years under O'Leary I was PROUD to be a JACKET and we deserve that athletically, just as much as academically!!!
All this talk about academics above athletics is BS... Duke basketball wins championships, Standford baseball wins championships, Notre Dame wins football championships and I could go on and on! STOP MAKING EXCUSES.......GRADUATE PLAYERS AND WIN!!!!!!
TO HELL WITH GEORGIA!!
P.S- 1 CHAMPIONSHIP IN 20 YEARS DOES NOT MAKE YOU AN ELITE PROGRAM, JUST IN CASE YOU DID NOT KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why should we care what the ticket manager at UGA thinks about us? Here's a clue, he's held the same position for 20 years! So much for upward mobility. And people wonder why Adams wants to get rid of Dooley? The UGA athletic department is the epitome of the good ol' boy syndrome. Freddie Jones, Claude Felton, Dan Magill, is there ever a fresh face in that athletic administration. Oh, I guess they can argue Damon Evans, but then again he's a former UGA athlete. Keep it in the family, BOYS!

Yea, Freddy epitomizes everything we love to make fun of at ole UGA. he saw a chance to take a shot at us Tekkies, and did it. No big deal. At least he's learned to spin things to his advantage over the past 20 years. IMO, he just CYA over the angry alums who could raise a ruckus and cost him his job, because they didn't get the lower seats. Wah. He shouldn't have screwed us first.

This is all really too funny.

While I admire you admire your spirit Axe, I don't think it is my job to buy additional season tickets to keep UGA fans out of the stadium. I think I give enough to the program and pay the salaries of people who should be able to do that as part of their job description. If a Tech fan wants those seats, they should buy them. Quite frankly, the three pack is not a bad idea, just don't include the UGA game as one of them. That game will sell out on its own.

Honestly, I pity the poor ticket office managers. They have to increase the Tech season ticket base 50% to fill this stadium and with next year's schedule, the prospects of that are poor. We are struggling this year and we have the best home schedule ever.

Doggone it Axe, I am proud of you, man! You wrote good stuff and common sense pervaded your post.......Thank you for your forthrightness, and positive attitude. I too do want NOT to be a wuss.
And I shall, as you, do that which puts my money where my mouth is!!!!!!!!

Allow me to Axe you a question... gailey a Tech man??... did you know he grew up a eweGAg fan?.. 'Course 900K will make a man change his allegiance faster than a 16-year old gettin' his first piece o' strange...

He's our coach, that makes him a Tech man in my book. One thing he has shown me is he has class. I don't know if he can coach college football. We will find out. It's clear he didn't know what he was dealing with last year. I'll be looking forward to see what he can do this year. One thing is for sure, he can't do much without the support of Tech fans.

BeeBad, Bobby Dodd played for Tennessee, but enjoyed beating them more than anyone else.

I would be willing to bet a ton of money, Gailey does not want UGA to beat Tech this year in football.

Frank Broyles played for Tech and was offensive coordinator in the glorious fifties, but refused the job at Tech when Dodd retired.

Everybody already knows he rooted for UGA in the past. It is not news to us. I also read he has some kin attending Tech.

MacWhorter played football for UGA and there is a hall named after his family there. Are you one of those who wanted him to take over the Tech job?

What is your point?

rolleyes.gif

Not sure where the seats are. I asked for Upper East. I would guess they will be upper East endzone to about the 10 yard line as well as some upper west and north seats. Just a guess.

Good post ahso. BeeBad, did you have a point or just trying to stir things up more? I was a Ga fan when I was a little kid, then a Duke fan in high school. So what? I'm Tech thru and thru now. Got a problem with that?

A Tech fan, a Clemson fan, and a UGA fan were driving to the Peach Bowl together when their car broke down just outside of Loganville.

They walked down the road to a farmhouse and inquired if they could spend the night.

The farmer said, "sure, but one of you will have to sleep in the barn as there is not enough room in the house but for two of you."

The Tech fan boldly took the initiative and said, "I'll do it."

A little while later there was a knock on the door, it was the Tech fan. He said, "I'm allergic to chickens and there are chickens in the barn."

So the Clemson fan felt obliged and left to stay in the barn.

A little while later there was again a knock on the door, it was the Clemson fan.

He said, "I'm allergic to pigs and there are pigs in the barn." Both the Tech fan and the Clemson fan looked at their UGA friend and although it took about 10 minutes for him to take the hint, the lightbulb finally went off in his head and the UGA fan left to stay in the barn.

Sure enough, a little while later there was again a knock on the door, it was the chickens and the pigs!!!!

sorry, couldn't resist the urge to post a UGA joke in support of Axe trying to rally the troops a la Braveheart!

Axe, good to see you back! Damn good post!!

drinking.gif
drinking.gif

ahso & Nc.. A fan is one thing, a fan is someone who makes a personal decision to support a team for their own personal enjoyment... A coach is a highly paid mercenary... gailey is not a "Tech" man.. He is a former eweGAg fan who is being paid a ton of money to win football games... gailey a "Tech" man.. LOL LOL LOL... That's like saying that a whore who sleeps with some sailor for a couple hundred bucks is in love with him...

just curious .. where did wannabee pick up that gailey is a UGAg fan?

You did not answer the question, BeeBad. Were you one of the ones wanting Mac as the new head coach?

rolleyes.gif

Originally posted by BeeBad:
ahso & Nc.. A fan is one thing, a fan is someone who makes a personal decision to support a team for their own personal enjoyment... A coach is a highly paid mercenary... gailey is not a "Tech" man.. He is a former eweGAg fan who is being paid a ton of money to win football games... gailey a "Tech" man.. LOL LOL LOL... That's like saying that a whore who sleeps with some sailor for a couple hundred bucks is in love with him...
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">This is a creepy post.

Wrecked, I'm not forcing anyone to buy the tickets. I know exactly what you are saying. Still, I'm going to put my money where my mouth is to do what I can to make sure those leg humpers are watching the game on their 13" zenith. Hopefully, they will miss the first half while they call their GT cousin trying to figure out why the rabbit ears won't pick up ESPN.

Back