I'm Very Impressed With Stingtalk...

DawgByte

Varsity Lurker
I\'m Very Impressed With Stingtalk...

Some of you may recognize my handle from the Hive. I've been posting on the Hive since '96, but earlier this year my buddy gave me the final boot. I tried to get reinstated, but to no avail. So now I get to communicate with the Techies on this board! :-)

Personally, I think the Hive has gone down hill and is nowhere near as clever, witty or outright funny as it once was. In the early days the Hive was by far the best college football message board on the Net. This new Stingtalk seems to have taken over the mantle from the Hive and is a very civilized place to discuss college football. I haven't been around it a lot, but so far I haven't seen any smack talking, which is refreshing.

It is nice to know there is a place where rivals can talk football without stereotypes and BS ruling the day. Nice job guys!

Re: I\'m Very Impressed With Stingtalk...

Glad you like the board. So far, you've had some good comments. Look forward to discussing the game with you over the next few weeks.

Dawgbyte,

Have enjoyed discussion with you here. No doubt! Some of us were talking about some of you doggy fans last night in chat in a positive way.

Now there are some that just want to come and cause problems. That goes for some of our fans coming to your boards. The kind of discussion you and some others have had is a great deal of fun to me. Much appreciated!

Dang it!!
frown.gif
You're going to help give your team a good name.
wink.gif

Hey I HOPE this place takes over the HIVE. And I think it slowly is. I notice the Hive does not get as many posts per day in past....oh wait thats b/c the nazis nuke everyone
wink.gif

Anyway this board is great..good opinions...good board scripts and layout....and mostly it doesn't get blocked by my firewall at work.

We should get as many poster here as possible to make this board really grow!

Hey, puppynip, I agree w/ you about the Hive. It was a constant hoot back in the old days, but unfortunately now with the new format and capacity, I'm afraid it's degenerating into something more like the dawgvent. Maybe the Hive should just drop back to the original 5....
grin.gif
Thing is, the Hive, although being "unofficial" is actually a defacto "official" Georgia Tech message board and in order to maintain that status (with occasional posts from Greg Garrett, Wes Durham, GTAA, etc) a higher standard than your typical college internet board must be maintained.

I think one thing in Stingtalk's favor is that there are not 8000 registered users like the Hive-there is just not the volume of posters here.

The rules are somewhat more relaxed here, which is not necessarily a bad thing. What rule did you break to get nuked? I got nuked from the Dawgvent recently and I'm still trying to figger out why.

Sooooooo, whatdaya think? Ya'll gotta cakewalk Satiddy after next or what?
drinking.gif

Come on in, dawgbyte.

It appears that a consensus is forming on this board that the game is more important to us this year than it is to your fans and team. That winning the SEC East is such a wet dream that you can't get it up for Tech. Is this true? I can imagine a similar feeling over here if we had beaten FSU.
Whaddya think?

As far as Tech being a cakewalk, here is what I think.

I'm a little concerned about the fans attitude. I don't know what the players think, but Richt has come out publicly and said he is impressed with the Yellow Jackets. Sure they always say that about their next opponent, but in this case he is right to be impressed. Tech has had some bad breaks with injuries and had some problems in key areas of your game, but Tech still has the capability to run, score and defend with all their team speed. I for one am not overlooking Tech. We haven't beat GT on our field since '96... something to consider. We are ripe for a team like Tech coming in and showing us up because I think there MAY be a little "eye on the prize syndrome" going on. However, in '02 Richt & Co. have done a damn good job of keeeping this team focused and playing from week-to-week.

I think it is going to be a heck of a ball game. Tech fans are wrong if they think this game doesn't mean a lot to us. Tech is a huge rival and Dawg fans still have dreams of a shot at Tempe. If we lose those dreams will become nightmares. I've got a lot of respect for your team - they will play with tremendous heart!

DB,

I think UGA will be excited for the game, but I don't believe they are coming into the game with the same type of attitude that they had for Bama, Auburn, etc. They will be excited and motivated but I'm not sure they will be pumped to their highest level. It's just human nature. No team can play at it's emotional peak every week.

As far as the fans go, I believe they will be pumped at kickoff ready for blood, but may get restless if the game develops into a tough battle. When fans come to a game expecting to blow doors they usually lose a little of their zip once the game becomes tight.

IMHO, this may be the most motivated GT has been for a ball game since Clemson '00. I think we will be into this game even more than when we played you guys in '00. I see this being a very very emotional game for GT. It means everything.

Well said, Axe. That sums up what I was thinking.

offensively we are going to have to score points and I am not sure we can do it

We will need 21 or more points to win the game and this will be against the best D we have faced this year.

If we get a couple of turnovers then that could put a "whole new coat of paint on the old barn."

If we had any type of offense (like we use to have) we have 2 losses or less

I would love to win this game but that F$U game was very indicitive of where we are at and I am not sure that 21 days can solve our problems..

Law Bee,

No question we need to score points. I expect we will play well on offense. I don't know how many points we will score but I expect our WRs and AJ will have their best game to date, considering the compeition. Their best game against UGA may only mean 10 points. We will just have to wait and see.

I will say that we moved the ball well against FSU, nearly 400 yards. We just need to do a better job of executing in the redzone. If we can get in any kind of rhythm in the passing game, Watkins, Smith, Glover, Curry, Thomas, and Bridges have enough play-making ability to put some points on the board.

If we can get the 7 points we gave FSU on offense back from UGA the picture looks even better;-)

Our offense has struggled to play consistent football, but there are enough weapons out there to put points on the board. We just need a consistent performance from AJ.

I think Law is right about the 21 points... in my opinion, 21 is a minimum... but I am thinking it will take somewhere in the range of 24-28...

Its still early, but... I sort of see it this way...

On offense... I believe we will be able to run the ball better than most think... I look for us to run alot from the spread, and I think we will see a good bit of misdirection... we will throw the ball deep a few times.. but only to keep the secondary's attention.. our strategy will be to follow the footsteps of Florida.. ALOT of short passes... We have to put AJ in the position to get rid of the ball quickly...

On defense... their OL is a big advantage for them.. I look for them to pound at us... use misdirection, and throw to Gibson long ... we will have to .. we have to be smart about our blitz schemes... and its sort of cliche... but we have to stuff their run... I would rather them try and beat us throwing.. I think if we can get to Greene with enough with blitzes ... and make some plays in the secondary... we might slow them down a bit...

Their offense was the strength coming into the season..

They are a TOP 10 team..

They are going to take us lightly... the hangover from the SEC East might linger longer than I ever thought it would... funny thing is, they havent won anything yet... just an opportunity to compete...

I think losing to FSU could be a good thing for us... losing that game while "beating" FSU could be good motivation to go over to Athens and repeat the 2000 performance..

I hope its not a rainy day again... two rainy games in a row with them is enough... give me a day like we had in 1998

Hey Byte!

You and I use to go round and round on the old Hive. I had people e-mailing me about how entertained they were by our jousting.

It will be interesting to see if you can remember what board name I used over there. It wasn't AlLives.

Woof, Woof, Dawbyte. That is Jacket's welcome to a dawg. Hope you enjoy the board, but not the game.

wink.gif

Greetings, Dawgbyte

One thing is for sure. This is the place in which you will get to see what Tech fans REALLY think, and sometimes it aint pretty, but it does show our fanbase has a greater passion than some folks think we do. I think the FSU game, and our fans' "activities", are a good indication of the restlessness and frustration we feel. We are sick and tired of losing to FSU, just like Georgia fans have been sick and tired of losing to Tennessee and Florida the last couple of years.

Our offense just doesn't have it right now. 17 points against Duke says it all. But our defense, particularly our secondary, is on fire. I think we hold the score very low, but UGA will win like FSU, on a couple of big plays due to athleticism. Too bad, because our guys have really showed an ocean full of heart this season and our seniors deserve to go out in style, especially Watkins and Muyres.

Welcome aboard Mutt...err, DawgByte
wink.gif
. Glad to see you've made your way over from the Hive.

Speaking of the Hive, I agree with GeeTeeLee. It's still a great place to talk, but I think they've grown too far out of control and the powers that be really hang around like vultures waiting for a reason nuke a thread/member.

A couple months back, I got nuked for making about 10 posts on 10 separate threads in less than an hour. I mean Gawd forbid...it is a message board.
rolleyes.gif

Hey, Dawgbyte, have you met BYTEBACK yet?

BTW, I grieve about the lost Hive. Don't you miss the old format? It was so much more fun. I think the Hive now has got a lot of teenagers. This is much better, but I loved the old format of the Hive.
pat.gif

Axe -

You brought up an interesting point... red zone production. Last year it killed us, this year we our offense is getting it done in the red zone. On D we are leading the SEC in red zone defense, particularly allowing TD's inside the red zone. The red zone is going to be critical for Tech. The bottom line is you'll have to score 7 when you get inside our 20.

There has been some interesting discussions about the Dawgs overlooking Tech. I surely hope this isn't the case because if the Dawgs do then they will get beat. I think Richt has done an outstanding job of keeping the team focused this year and IMO I don't think motivation and focus will be an issue next Saturday. Our biggest issue is resting a lot of guys that are banged up after playing 10 straight.

There is an outside chance Terrence Edwards will play against the Jackets. If he does that is good news for us because it should take some of the pressure off of Fred Gibson. You guys have very good cover DB's and if they are allowed to double on Gibson it could cause problems for our offense.

I think AJ Suggs is going to have to play like his hair is on fire. He would be wise to throw some screens early. For some reason we have a difficult time handling the screen. Your going to need to control the TOP, so if you can establish a running game that should open up the passing attack.

Like I have previously stated I think this game will be won or lost in the 4th Qtr. The team who can hold it together in the final 2 minutes should be in a position to win.

Dawgbite-

Good to see a "Puppy" with class, who actually wants to talk about the game, insted of bashing. I admit, Im the kettle, and I think the pot is black.;-) but I know how far to take it. It seems like some "Pups" take it a bit to far(i.e. A co-worker of mine(Who is a Pup) tore up the AJC sports page with Luke Manget on the cover in front of me) Like it was supoused to hurt my feelings or something.
rolleyes.gif

I go along with ahosiee, in saying "I hope you enjoy the boards, but not the game".
One last thing, My thoughts on the Hive...I love that place(especilly the "Caption Time" and game day analisas), but they ARE very picky about who they let post. I tried for Gosh knows how long, and I am STILL not a poster over there. I came here, and registered, and got on the next day.
Cheers to the StingTalk Runners...Good JoB!!
drinking.gif

-RW4L

Back