In The Bag

romegajacket

Helluva Engineer
Came in to town today for the festivities of Fan Day. Spoke with Calvin Johnson briefly and asked if Auburn had a chance against us. NO WAY !!!! He assured me that it was "in the bag." We spoke also about the team chemistry and he stated that this team has really come together well. I may be just an old fool, but I sure like hearing that from a player. What a day, what a day, we brought two very young grandaughters to Bobby Dood Stadium. It was their first time to see a real college football field, and they were amazed at how pretty the yard (football field) there is. They had their pictures taken by the Ramblin Wreck, and with Buzz. To top it off, they had their first meal at the Varsity. Treat of a life time. I explained how my daddy would bring the family to see GT play and we would get to eat at the Varsity too. Just to make Momma and me feel really great, one of the girls stated that she didn't think the stadium or the Varsity either one looked old enough for my daddy to have brought us there when we were kids too.
Now, what was it Art Linkletter used to say about kids?

Rome, I had a similar experience with my 10 year old son. We got soooo many autographs and he was just thrilled. We went into coach CG's office for photos and his autograph and he could not have been more gracious (great office, too!). Good to see so many fans turn out. I asked several players if they were ready for Auburn. The general answer was, "Auburn better be ready for us! - this is gonna be fun!"

hope this quote does not make the media or the Auburn bulletin board...Auburn does not need any extra incentive for our game.

great to have the infor...but maybe we should pull this?

Agree.

Great quote, but also probably one to make an enthusiastic fan happy in a private setting - as opposed to one meant for public consumption.

I like CJ attitude don't get me wrong, but a few years ago after we lost to Clem-son at Clem-son in the rain (after AJ Suggs threw a int late in the game) I had a burger and beer with Corey Collins #4. We talked for some time, very nice kid and I said its ok you lost to Clem-son, just don't lose to UGa. He said, "We aint gonna lose to them suckas." Well, that year we lost 51-7, so for what it worth be wary of players predictions.

I hope every one of our players states to Bark Madley personally that we are gonna give UGAg a butt kicking for the ages.

Words don't mean squat.

What Reggie - or anyone else - says before a game don't mean squat.

That crap is forgotten after the first few plays to everyone but the fans.

You still have to practice hard, come prepared, and play hard to win.

Back