Indecision On ACC Expansion (link)

I just could not do the reading, but after reading ahso's remark, I have a summation.

In this heavy handed chess game, the schools against expansion must realize that those in favor of, do have scary options that would leave the three no votes without a country.

Seeing quick check mate, I now believe expansion will happen, with only one of the 3 casting a "no" vote.

To me, its fascinating how the brotherhood of a fraternal "conference" can break down as soon as every body has to take the checkbook out.

Originally posted by JJacket:
Deep Blue, It is obvious that you are a Duke fan by the way you salivate at the mention of the Blue Devils (I need a towel). I can assure you that Georgia Tech is much more likely to hitch its wagon to the Clemson Tigers than Dook or NC. Since when is Duke one of the most powerful programs in the nation? Just because you are good at basketball? I don't give a flip about basketball. If you hadn't noticed, college football is the king of college sports.
Why would we let Duke and NC destroy an alligence with Miami, Syracuse and BC and our other ACC bretheren only to join them in another conference?
soapbox.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Duke University is a model of small market excellence. Every school in America envies what they have accomplished in the majority of the big time sports. Duke makes the least amount of money in the ACC despite being the most nationally televised sports program in the country, so it is clearly not benefitting by being a member of the ACC. Duke needs to greatly increase revenue and so does GT:

www.usatoday.com/sports/c...venues.htm

UNC and NCSU made out like bandits while others like GT and Duke lost money, no wonder GT doesn't fund any sports not even soccer. Every article and AD has said that expanding to 12 or 10 won't increse money per school, so there's only one way for GT to profit and improve sports. Atlantic League with Syracuse, BC, Miami, Penn State, UMD, UVA, Duke, UNC, GT, FSU, would double or triple revenue per school, and be the best in every way instead of 2nd of 2 in southeast.

Back