Initial CFP Rankings

Have we ever beat a #1 at home before? If we are going to do it finally at home in the last decade...this would be the time to do it

They won't be #1 when we play them.

(Serious answers here please)
Is UGA that good or are their opponents just that weak? I know this is a down year for the SEC.

Their ND victory looks pretty good, given ND's performance since that game:

Beat BC 49-20
Beat Mich St 38-18
Beat UNC 33-10
Beat USC 49-14
Beat NC St 35-14

They play WF this week, and as we know Wake has been playing pretty well.

To date, that is the only ranked team that UGA has played. But they are certainly dominating the SEC teams they are playing, winning by an average of 32 points.

At this point, it looks like their matchup against USC this Saturday is the toughest game they have had so far. And then they have Auburn and Kentucky after that who are also probably better than any SEC team they've played to date.

I'd say these next 3 weeks are going to be the proof.

Beat BC 49-20
Beat Mich St 38-18
Beat UNC 33-10
Beat USC 49-14
Beat NC St 35-14

To date, that is the only ranked team that UGA has played. But they are certainly dominating the SEC teams they are playing, winning by an average of 32 points.

At this point, it looks like their matchup against USC this Saturday is the toughest game they have had so far. And then they have Auburn and Kentucky after that who are also probably better than any SEC team they've played to date.

Well this is a testimony to the weakness of the SEC. When USCe and Kentucky are going to be two of your top three conference tests, then you should win your division.

Beat BC 49-20
Beat Mich St 38-18
Beat UNC 33-10
Beat USC 49-14
Beat NC St 35-14

They did blow out Mississippi State, who the playoff committee has at #16.

Is UGA that good or are their opponents just that weak? I know this is a down year for the SEC.
They don't play a good enough team to properly gauge that until November 25th.

I giggled like a school girl when I got to the Mississippi State part

I don't think they're anything special, but it's clear that the playoff committee does by putting them at #16. Like it or not, the committee obviously views UGA's wins at this point as on par with anyone's.

One of those weak opponents was Tennessee.

Last Bulldog team to start #1 in the CFP rankings was 2014 Miss State, remember how that ended for them?

At this point I want georgia to go undefeated until us, and then we beat them at home. They drop out of the top 4 and then lose to Bama to finish 'em off. Tears for decades.

And Alabama is averaging 39.8 points against SEC. Bama has LSU, MSSt., Auburn left. If they win out, as well as UGA, there is no doubt they will jump back to #1.

Last Bulldog team to start #1 in the CFP rankings was 2014 Miss State, remember how that ended for them?

At this point I want georgia to go undefeated until us, and then we beat them at home. They drop out of the top 4 and then lose to Bama to finish 'em off. Tears for decades.
You forgot Lose to Miami/Richt in bowl game after.

Wow, Mississippi State's two losses are by an average of 33.5 points. (Our three losses are by an average of 5.33 points.) But they're the 16th best team in the country? I thought the SEC-ism was gradually fading away. Guess not.

Back