Interesting 680 Talk

Front Row and Buck and Kincaide are far worse than C & C. I don't get worked up about what any of them say anymore, though. Actually, I'm all podcasts and Pandora on my lengthy commute, now.

Honestly it would take about a generation of dominating to even get something approaching equal time with the local media.

It is what it is.

Was listening to Chuck and Chernoff on the way home from work for about 5 minutes before I had to get on the phone.
Chernoff brought up an interesting point that Chuck, in usual fashion, couldn't comprehend and made ritard replies to.
Chernoff suggested 2 things:
1) There should be way more talk about GT football than UGA football based on recent performance, but knows that that will never happen in Atlanta because of UGA's much larger fan base. Knows that his station is guilty of it, but appeasing UGA fans pay the bills, losing GT fans won't affect them. Chuck was a tard and kept saying "performance on the field will make the media talk about you" Matt asked him why he won't talk about GT more than UGA then, Chuck eventually admitted that, "UGA fans pay the bills"
2) Matt said he wishes GT basketball would be a much bigger story, but because of #1, no one cares. Said he could spend an hour talking about how excited he is about GT hoops and its direction but knows that most listeners would change stations.

Anyways, kind of refreshing to hear, and I agree 100%. Doesn't bother me that UGA gets the majority of air time. I turn on my music when they do. Also solidifies my view that Chuck is a total tard.

1) They never say anything nice about Tech without saying something bad. And the bad things they say are categorical instead of specific so as to leave a lasting opinion justifying dismissal (e.g. not enough fans, performance on the field not enough [suddenly UGAg's is lately?])
2) If they actually talk about Tech more than generalities, they are mistaken very often
3) I shouldn't be too hard on #2, because they talk about nothing for 90% of their show

I think you just answered your own question: Idiots...that's who
This is just short-sighted as hell. Like it or not Sports talk radio appeals to many folks who could become sidewalk alums. I am not worried about you or me getting our shorts in a wad over what they say.

However, when people who COULD conceivably become fans, buy gear, fill seats are fed a steady diet of "Tech Sucks", "no one goes to their games", "they really don't matter like UGA and the rest of the SEC do" it has a negative effect.

If you ran a company and got consistently run down in a media outlet that you paid to advertise with, you would not ignore that. It would be negligent to just wash your hands of that bad coverage.

We need every fan we can get and to simply ignore the situation while many of those fans are being dissuaded from going to games is the mark of, dare I say it, an idiot.

I didn't say we didn't need idiots. I just answered the question as to who listens to sports radio. I include myself in that category on occasion. But generally I do not listen to local sports talk radio.

Back