Interesting Admission from Coach Gailey

casbah62

Flats Noob
And something that's been hotly contested here since early last season...

"It was a period of withdrawal," Gailey says of last season, when he deferred most of the offensive decision-making to then-coordinator Bill O'Brien. "I had done it for so many years. Not doing it was an issue. And when things didn't go well, you wanted to jump in there full bore. But I knew that wasn't right, so I stayed away from it as much as possible."
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution: 7/31/03

Well if this is true then perhaps we will see some interesting changes this year... If nothing else I hope the offense develops some type of personality that we as fans can become accustomed to as the season matures. Last years Jekyll and Hyde act was unbearable to watch... I don't care particularly what offensive scheme we run. I do care that when I see the team week to week I can get a feel for how the team is progressing in the system AND whether or not the team is executing the system well on that particular week... So many variables last year provided too many opportunities to criticize and not enough foundation to determine what went right in the scheme and what went wrong...
Answers some questions about who was doing what and when... now if we get more of the same this year as last then Coach is in for trouble because he basically is pointing the finger at Bill O'Brien for last seasons dismall offensive performance... and putting himself in the hotseat as much as this seasons performance is concerned...
I awate the season with baited breathe....

Back