Interesting AJC Poll

Yes. OK, I agree. There are too many bowls. But two questions...

1) How many people voting are actually Tech fans and not UGA fans making fun of our bowl situation?

2) Why would any of our fans not want us to play again this season after the "Athens Debacle"?

Don't forget that on the UVA board, they were openly telling people to go to the website and vote for no bowl for Tech....this was appartently the case for this stupid poll. Bowls are still meant for the athletes and is their decision.

After the misery of this year, I do want a bowl, but I would like to see it played out of the S.E. region. Which of course means the Seattle Bowl. The empty seats there will be easier to handle than if played somewhat locally. Either way, I will be there. SelFISHly, I want to go to Seattle (sp). It would be a fun road trip. Go Jackets !! Chan Go !!

Now this poll does tell me alot though what i heard from the UVA board really made me mad.
mad.gif

To heck with UVA we whipped their A$$ didn't we when they were on a roll. So to heck with UVA. Play them again in a bowl game and we whip their A$$ again.

I, for one, do not want a bowl. First, we very likely will lose money. Second, bowls should be a reward, and their is nothing to reward this year. Third, with a 51-7 rout under our belts and nothing but silence from Edge, I make and educated guess there is some dissension and confusion.

The only way we should play this game is if Tenuta is promoted to interim head coach like Mac last year, let BOB run the offensive show, and we call Washington State or Wake Forest for permission to call an established, proven collegiate coach.

The last thing this program needs is to get overmatched into another rout going into the winter.

Back