Interesting article in the Macon Telegraph...

BLACK WATCH

Helluva Engineer
It talks about Calvin Johnson and his recruitment...Ugag wanted him real bad...There seems to be several in-state prospects that are finally NOW looking at the Jackets instead of ugag....Interesting but truthfull quote by Gailey " Gt isnt for everyone AND ugag is not for everyone. Each prospect needs to weigh ALL the factors and NOT let Uncle Jim or Teacher Bob sway them..It worked with Calvin Johnson, Carlos Thomas,Jamal Lewis, and several others and DARN NEAR worked on Brandon Miller..Gailey is starting to have an impact in This state and the article goes on to say that Calvin may have a BIGGER impact in future recruiting in this state more than his impact on the field...I always felt that Gailey, the Native son of Georgia would eventually Recruit this state better than any of our past coaches after a couple of years here, and I think the tide is turning and we are seeing it!!!

Black watch, I think what you are going to see and probably starting to see is impact players coming to Tech and it will have influences on the next line of recruits. Chan is right in saying the Uncle Ted and Teacher Bob needs to quit having such an impact on these kids just because they are gagger fans. My principle was a gagger grad but grew up a Tech fan and never once did he pull favors when it came to recruiting, unlike all my coaches did and would stop practice when gaggers came calling. I appreciate Mr. Rainey for that still today.

I Think Chan Is Doing A Good Job...

in state, but I'll consider it better when we also stop the flight of kids to Notre Dame and Michigan. But I also felt that O'Leary was recruting the state pretty well by the time he left here. Players like the Muyres, Key Fox, and Darryl Smith showed me he was having a real impact. I think Chan can eventually do the same.

Back