Interesting info on AJC Super 11....

hiveredtech

Dodd-Like
ok guys...I will try to avoid any opinions on this post...just put some information down and let you draw your own conclusion. I would like to assume most on this board are pretty darn intelligent and should not have much trouble digesting it.

Additionally, I would like to point out the source of this Super 11...that being the AUC...not much is needed to add to that. I will say, without pointing out any names, that some on this list are highly suspect as they have not made any other GA top 25 or even 50 lists.

I would also like to point out again that it is common knowledge we are only taking north of 3.0 GPA and north of 900 SAT into the program...and only a certain amount of kids that barely pass that qualification. I will also point out that 5 of these 11 are LB's...a position we are in good shape in with current players and strong recruiting progress with Marvin Sapp, Antonio Jones, Taalib Tucker, Chris Clinton, Quincy Marshall....and maybe Tavarus Kearney.

I will also add that we have only offered one QB (Consensus AA Todd Walker..which we lead for)...and two TB's...Maurice Wells (#1 in FL, top 5 or 10 in country) and James Davis (#1 in GA). It is us and OS for Wells...and you have to like our chances on this one.

Onto the Super 11(alpha order...info from a variety of places):
Travis Barr (LB)- 3.65 GPA; Committed to Illinois a long time ago as BOTH of his parents were scholarship athletes at Illinois.

Troy Blackmon (LB)- 2. 6 GPA and 16 ACT.

Antonio Clay (LB)- 3.4 GPA and 21 ACT. He grew up a Miami fan because his cousin played there and is pushing him to commit there. They lead strongly.

Darius Dewberry (LB)- 2.4 GPA...no test score yet from June take? Only offers are Georgia and Auburn.

Matt Dunham (LB)- 3.0 GPA; no test yet? We offered early on him with Maryland...but FSU lured him over Florida.

Tyler Horne (QB)- 2.7 GPA and 930 SAT; Only offer is Ball State.

Charles Jackson (OT)- 94 GA and 920 SAT; Is leaning towards basketball and has Tech in top three.

Justin Mincey (DE)- 3.0 GPA; still no test?

Brandon Perry (DT)- 2.8 GPA

Chris Scott (OT)- 3.2 GPA; 830 SAT. We did not offer.

Tony Wright (TB)- 2.3 GPA; wants to major in zoology.

The Marietta Daily Journal put out its high school preview edition today, and in it listed its top 12 in the area. The only white guy, a linebacker, named Tech as his leader, but I completely forgot his name. He ran something like a 4.6, and seemed to be an intellegent guy.

Back