Interesting stat of the day

We do not give up sacks nor do we get sacks. A lot of this is due to scheme and our QB being mobile and making decisions on schedule. Our pass protection in obvious passing downs is not as good as you would expect based on our sacks allowed rating IMO.

We do not turnover the ball nor do we create turnovers. Given the lack of TO's on O, you would think we would have a healthy + in TO margin, but we don't. Have we just been very unlucky in not creating TO's on D or is this scheme related?

Haynes King seems to have a fair number of long passes compared to most QB's when you look at totals. King has a high completion %. Perhaps the yards per completion is weighed down and the completion % propped up because throws and completes shorter passes.
7th in 30+ yd passes
7th in 40+ yd passes
9th in 50+ yd passes
I got the impression that the previous defensive regime emphasized creating turnovers to the detriment of being in position to make clean tackles. Maybe this is just a result of "deprogramming" the old way of doing things? Just a WAG, of course.

I got the impression that the previous defensive regime emphasized creating turnovers to the detriment of being in position to make clean tackles. Maybe this is just a result of "deprogramming" the old way of doing things? Just a WAG, of course.

Interesting way to look at it. When I saw the stats I too was surprised we didn't have more turnovers.

Back