interesting thread

Well Law - I couldn't agree with your more. WE HAVE COME VERY FAR AND TAKEN GIANT STEPS! Maybe status quo was okay in previous GT history but not any more! Going backwards even a couple of steps will be devastating and take time to recoup and build again.

WE expect more now and that's the way it should be. I've left the days of mediocrity and want consistent success. I read your posts on that other board and have more then once said here some of the same things you stated about the job and doing THE JOB and the captain of the ship.

I can't do my job with excuses and tell my bosses - I'm sorry I didn't know or say I wasn't told - NOT ACCEPTABLE and by the way, you need to look for employment elsewhere!

I can only say, in the best interests of GT and its football program - things have to change big time from last season and everything to do with it for us to stay afloat!

Excellent thread Law, here and on the Hive. A college football coach is responsible for the ENTIRE program. A coach making 900,000 a year should know the responsiblities he has and should not be learning them on the job. A coach who understands this would have stepped up and said it was my fault that the players were not getting the academic support they needed, not say it was taken from me. I don't blame Gailey for the failures, I blame him for not running his program.

I also am alarmed that we are "3-5 years from where we want to be." He has said he wants to compete for the ACC title and beat Georgia. Two years ago we were at that level. Not counting the year O'Leary threw out while he flirted with ND (2001), I find it hard to believe we have fallen this far that fast. I too hope Gailey can succeed here. He seems to be a good man, and I assume a good coach. However, if we start 1-3 or 0-4, I really think we are looking at a Bill Lewis situation and Gailey and Braine will be gone.

I really believe Chan's saying 3-5 years to totally revamp the program as a whole. No way he lasts 3-5 years with a B___ L____ campaign.

Law, I'm obviously into your way of thinking. HugeGT's thread was started as a comeback at me for the "we're full @ RB" post that was already being kicked around on the board.
The more people try to spin the 'Gailey didn't know this or Gailey didn't know that' about his own football program just makes these people appear to be saying that Gailey is absolutely the dumbest Head Coach known to football.
Can u imagine if someone was saying that Hewitt didn't know Jarret Jack was on probation? Would that make Hewitt sound like a turnip or what? Don't u just absolutely KNOW that Hewitt KNOWS how each & every basketball player is doing academically? Hewitt's under the same guidelines Gailey is, yet the results are QUITE different.
Can u imagine if someone said that Hall didn't know Tyler Greene was on probation? Wouldn't that make Hall sound like a potato? Don't u just KNOW that Hall KNOWS how each & every baseball player is doing? Hall is under the same guidelines Gailey is, yet the results are dramatically different.

I don't know about everybody else, but I don't want to trade 6 or 7 in a row to UGetanA in order to win 2 or 3 in a row. (That is kind of a retorical statement because I know y'all don't want that). That series record is getting wider, we were up one in 1970 (I checked) and since then we are 9-23 against them. We lost 6 straight in the 70's/80's and 7 straight in the 90's. I don't like the thought of us being to UGaG like Oklahoma State is to Oklahoma or Michigan St. is to Michigan. We need to straighten it up and start kicking our dawg more often.

Back