Introductory Press Conference @6pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
What'd he say I couldn't hear ööööing kids

WTTE -

Schultz got up to ask a question and Coach said “I remember you from many years ago”, or something.

Schultz said thanks for reminding me how old I am. I think maybe us OF can relate to that compared to most.

Enthusiasm and talking a big game are great, but I’d like to see some results before giving him the all in treatment. He’s got the right elements in place so it’s time to see if he can execute.

Sure, he's going to need to get results like any other coach or it won't work out. I'm struggling to see the downside of a fan base that's "all in" though, particularly one that sometimes has an issue with butts in the seats.

Sure, he's going to need to get results like any other coach or it won't work out. I'm struggling to see the downside of a fan base that's "all in" though, particularly one that sometimes has an issue with butts in the seats.

The fan base as a whole will need to see more than a press conference to fill seats. The representative sample on Stingtalk has a tendency of being over dramatic. People are talking about how many boners they have for this coach and all he’s done is had a press conference. Like I said, I’m optimistic. I think he has a high ceiling and the pieces are falling into place for him to be successful. I’m just going to need to see more than a press conference before I start counting my erections.

Watching now:

Todd needs a speaking coach

Todd making excuses for recruiting already

Really like the statements about branding. Huge. This makes me live Todd and Geoff both.

Lol. Night and day with this guy. I can understand the "used car salesman" feel some folks have. Tough for results-oriented folks to hear.

He's bragging about his recruiting. Good. We better be bragging about it this time next year.

"Recruits choose brands" - this guy is winning me over by the second

Dude better have the greatest ST GT has seen in 20 years after this part. He's talking to the most ST-critical fan base I've ever seen.

Mentioning the O vs D at practice piece. Trying not to roll my eyes too hard. But good sales.

Uh oh! ACADEMICS! - "I don't see challenges. I see opportunities." "A lot of schools we recruit against don't have the academic advantage (paraphrased)"

"I've been here when we were competing for ACC championships" bruh please don't remind me

Done. I can see why people say "used car salesman", but it's still a bad take. Iiwii. If that brings in the talent, so be it. Anti-triple option/PJ offense people are deranged - they reject reality. By the same token, people who think this kind of approach is slimy/embarrassing are myopic.

Last edited:
The fan base as a whole will need to see more than a press conference to fill seats. The representative sample on Stingtalk has a tendency of being over dramatic. People are talking about how many boners they have for this coach and all he’s done is had a press conference. Like I said, I’m optimistic. I think he has a high ceiling and the pieces are falling into place for him to be successful. I’m just going to need to see more than a press conference before I start counting my erections.

FWIW, your mom's really good at counting erections.

Enthusiasm and talking a big game are great, but I’d like to see some results before giving him the all in treatment. He’s got the right elements in place so it’s time to see if he can execute.
It’s like how FSU fans felt when Taggart came in last year talking about “lethal simplicity”and I think we all saw how that worked out in year one. I’m on the excited, but not counting any chickens yet train.

It’s like how FSU fans felt when Taggart came in last year talking about “lethal simplicity”and I think we all saw how that worked out in year one. I’m on the excited, but not counting any chickens yet train.

I've already counted 36 chicks, and that's not even including your mom.

“lethal simplicity”

Nz1faAI.jpg

Sounds like he was contacted by the search committee. I think there was some rumor about him calling GT wanting the job.
Those are not mutually exclusive. He pretty clearly dodged the details on contact. I took that to mean he didn't want to tell the Temple players that he was pursuing this from Day 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back