Invite other ATL colleges without FBS football to home games?

revaldo29

Varsity Lurker
Long time lurker here. Have the coaches ever though about inviting students from other colleges around ATL without FBS teams to attend home games, possibly give free or heavily discounted tickets? I'm thinking students from Georgia State, Morehouse, Spellmann College, Kennesaw state, etc may enjoy coming to the games, especially if the rumors from the Spring game are true that there is going to be a local hiphop performer and we make that a regular thing at home games. Just another way to recruit more GT fans and establish our identity as ATL's team.

I think GT did something like this with Georgia State back in 1990's; but now that most of those schools have their own football teams it wouldn't make much sense. Maybe a deal with Emory since we have some joint degree programs with them would make sense.

Should've done Ga State hardcore before the GSU FB team addition, especially while they were dorming on campus, and maybe they wouldnt have one today. Absolutely should do this with the AUC and Emory is a great idea and add Agnes Scott and Oglethorpe as well. Wtf, offer the leftover tickets to anyone in town with an atlanta area college ID tickets for $5 first come first serve.

Another option is to recruit the fraternities and sororities. Make it a competition with some prize to see who can bring the most fans. They get "unlimited" date passes for free for college ID carrying dates before the game starts.

Not going to be possible as we will start selling out our season tix in a few years. Will not be able to expand # of seats for other students - much less our own.

Those are the students that best start taking advantage of available tickets.

Not going to be possible as we will start selling out our season tix in a few years. Will not be able to expand # of seats for other students - much less our own.

Those are the students that best start taking advantage of available tickets.
True, but until then. Also we do have the turn-in tickets that we could offer free day of game but only to solid 7s. You know how the ticket stub gets you into the Cheetah free? Well we should have a reciprocal agreement where the cheetah employees get into BDS free. A real cummunity outreach effort. I'm a big humanitarian like that.

True, but until then. Also we do have the turn-in tickets that we could offer free day of game but only to solid 7s. You know how the ticket stub gets you into the Cheetah free? Well we should have a reciprocal agreement where the cheetah employees get into BDS free. A real cummunity outreach effort. I'm a big humanitarian like that.

You sir are of a brilliant mind.

I really like the idea of reaching out to non-D1 colleges in the area, particularly Emory, Agnes Scott, and the AUC (Morehouse, Spelman, Clark-Atlanta...) which is only about 1 1/2 miles from campus.

Then there's the 'next level' of local schools like Atl Metropolitan, DeKalb Tech, and the like.

Just have to figure out how to do it.

We have to start indoctrinating kids at an early age so in 5-10 years we have a sizeable sidewalk base. By the time they're in college most of them either don't care about college football or they already have an allegiance. Lets do this for pee-wee or pop warner kids in Georgia and provide transportation for them to and from BDS. This will also help in recruiting down the road as well.

We have to start indoctrinating kids at an early age so in 5-10 years we have a sizeable sidewalk base. By the time they're in college most of them either don't care about college football or they already have an allegiance. Lets do this for pee-wee or pop warner kids in Georgia and provide transportation for them to and from BDS. This will also help in recruiting down the road as well.

Now you're REALLY on to something.

I've had this idea rolling around in my head since the Chan days that if we could find a way for alums who, for whatever reason, can't go to games buy a small ticket package to pay for youth in the Atl to come to a couple of games.

The final piece would consist of GT volunteers (maybe students) to sort of chaperone the kids (with their adult parent/sponsor) as they arrive.

1- An GT supporter buys say a $100 package that will pay for a kid & guardian to attend a game (or 2). We also throw in a snack and a GT shirt.

2- GT Marketing identifies the target markets (Atl Boys Clubs, Pee-Wee leagues, Atl school students interested in STEM,...)

3- A member of the 404 team (I just made that up) meets than at Will Call or some other designated meeting place, welcomes them, and gets them situated.

Haven't ironed our the details in my head but as you said, we need to start early.

maxresdefault.jpg

We should have a reciprocal agreement where the cheetah employees get into BDS free.
Your mom said thanks. At least I think that’s what she said. Hard to understand her when her mouth is full.

Now you're REALLY on to something.

I've had this idea rolling around in my head since the Chan days that if we could find a way for alums who, for whatever reason, can't go to games buy a small ticket package to pay for youth in the Atl to come to a couple of games.

The final piece would consist of GT volunteers (maybe students) to sort of chaperone the kids (with their adult parent/sponsor) as they arrive.

1- An GT supporter buys say a $100 package that will pay for a kid & guardian to attend a game (or 2). We also throw in a snack and a GT shirt.

2- GT Marketing identifies the target markets (Atl Boys Clubs, Pee-Wee leagues, Atl school students interested in STEM,...)

3- A member of the 404 team (I just made that up) meets than at Will Call or some other designated meeting place, welcomes them, and gets them situated.

Haven't ironed our the details in my head but as you said, we need to start early.
There was a big YMCA youth group sitting beside us in Athens in 2014 at the top of the upper deck. We were the only GT fans in the area. By the end of the game, almost all of those kids were openly cheering for GT and pissing off the Dwags around us. I specifically remember high fiving a whole row of them after Butker's kick went through.

Back