Is 6-16 acceptable?

Dude, these guys are feeling the culture and it's obvious other guys want in with recruiting and transfers. ATL is the hot spot and CGC is bringing in dudes who want to rep the ATL.

I think everyone is a little (or a lot) raw about tonight's game. The refs were substandard to put it mildly. I have not seen that much improvement this year, but then again, this year above all other years has been anything but normal. I wouldn't mind NOT going bowling next year as long as to see significant improvement on discipline, tackling, secondary coverage, and O-line blocking. I know these things take time, but we are going to be with CGC for at least 2-3 more years regardless of outcome.
You wouldn’t mind not going bowling for the 5th time in 7 years next year?

I think everyone is a little (or a lot) raw about tonight's game. The refs were substandard to put it mildly. I have not seen that much improvement this year, but then again, this year above all other years has been anything but normal. I wouldn't mind NOT going bowling next year as long as to see significant improvement on discipline, tackling, secondary coverage, and O-line blocking. I know these things take time, but we are going to be with CGC for at least 2-3 more years regardless of outcome.
You're goddamn ööööing right I'm raw. Those refs should kill themselves, Narduzzi should öööö himself, anyone sympathizing with either of them can follow suit.

Tonight was a step up in my book. W-L doesn’t mean much to me right now. The team fought like hell through a lot of adversity tonight. Missing our best RB, WR, several On D against one of the best D’s in the country, the officiating was horrible. This team grew up some tonight.

You're goddamn ööööing right I'm raw. Those refs should kill themselves, Narduzzi should öööö himself, anyone sympathizing with either of them can follow suit.
Again, sure Narduzzi is a douche bag, but what does that have to do with anything? I guess your simple mind doesn’t understand that.

You wouldn’t mind not going bowling for the 5th time in 7 years next year?
Again, not trying to hang more weight on the last GT nerve, but I'm referring to CGC time frame. We are 6 and 16 right now. Not having really high hopes against Miami if that game is played at all. If, ("if" is a powerful word) we go win 5 or maybe even 6 games next year, that would be improvement to some to say the least. CGC could use that stat more than anything else to get more recruits and build the program more.

Again, not trying to hang more weight on the last GT nerve, but I'm referring to CGC time frame. We are 6 and 16 right now. Not having really high hopes against Miami if that game is played at all. If, ("if" is a powerful word) we go win 5 or maybe even 6 games next year, that would be improvement to some to say the least. CGC could use that stat more than anything else to get more recruits and build the program more.
You are not wrong, you are just going to have a hard time getting a rational discussion about this here right now, from anyone including myself.

Define "acceptable." What does not "accepting" it mean? Does it mean firing the coach? Firing coordinators?

I don't accept the premise that this is the absolute best we could do under the circumstances, but I accept that we're in a rebuild and the W-L record isn't great for us right now.

Collins will need to improve his coaching in certain areas and take a critical look at this staff, how practices are conducted, etc. He has a vision for the program and is clearly doing a hell of a job selling that vision to recruits.

This is still just his fourth year as a head coach. He's been in that role for less time than some of these players have been playing college football. I trust that he will get better.

Back