Is a win over Vandy in OT really a win?

MacDaddy2

Damn Good Rat
confused.gif

uhh yes

is a loss to fsu by 1 pt .. really a loss?

what kind of a stupid question is that?

Of course it is. The kids didn't give up when they easily could have. I remember a pretty good run after UCF almost had us beat a few years ago. But I know you would rather bash CCG so proceed

I was going to reply to this, but tommie, ahso, ylo, and itlbee took the words right out of my mouth.

For you Chan haters its a loss. For me, this is a damn great victory!

I hope our players don't come home and go on this board to read how happy our fans are that they came from behind to win a game that everyone thought they had lost. They will certainly have many doubts about some of you "strange" people.

Yes Mac, you see when our points are greater than the opponents points and the complete game duration has fully passed, including all overtime periods, then that is called a "win". This is true even if the opponents points were equal to ours at the end of regulation.

Perhaps you are aluding to the issue of whether or not it was a "good win". That would require a liberal arts type dissertation so I will defer on that point to Belly.

No CCG hater here, but c'mon guys, this was a bad sign, no matter what spin is applied. THWG

GoldZ, I agree. Thankfully, we were able to pull it out at the end, but, you are right about the game as a whole being a bad sign. I am just looking for improvement as the season progresses, and, for most of the game tonight, it was pretty gruesome!

All these people act so offended, but if you look at the posts during the game, it says it all.

I AM SURE GLAD TO HEAR EVERYONE'S POSITIVE INPUT ON TONIGHTS GAME! WE WON THE DANG GAME GIVE THEM CREDIT FOR PULLING IT THROUGH.

Hey, I share the same sentiments as most of you, whether its by one on a fluke or 100 by might (wait, that's when UGA pummels us again) a WIN is a WIN.

Originally posted by refrigeratormover:
mac, it damn sure is a win and the looks of the Tech faithful we will enjoy it.....with more to come.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">That's right Big John,
A win is a win is a win is a win.
I think what a lot of people are not realizing is some of the teams that we have taken for granted are not to be taken that way anymore. Quite a few have screwed their helmets on tight now, with Wake Forrest being one of the leaders. BTW, how about Troy St. beating Marshall. And who would have ever thought that Penn St. would struggle as they are now. Cal beats USC. And on and on. I'll take any win we can get and be very thankful for it. It's the coach's job to analize and ask the questions, my job is to support and enjoy. Plus that, it is to encourage the team.

Back