Is Detroit TStan's fault?

Did Belk, the sponsor, reject us? Or was it the Belk Bowl staff? Why are we boycotting Belk's?
Belk is their sponsor. If the sponsor allows chicanery to go on, the sponsor should suffer. Belk certainly has a voice in the process. The history of the bowl is to obviously take care of mediocre tobacco road schools. I think I saw that 74% of the Reddit fan vote wanted GT/AU. Two teams with a long, 90+ games, extremely interesting, history of play. Several national titles between them.

Instead, UVA vs. USuCk. No national titles. 35 game history of mediocrity.

Screw Belk. If Belk releases an apology and chastises the Belk Bowl committee for giving Belk bad press, maybe I will change my mind.

He is getting savaged on Twitter. Hopefully the “not Whisenhunt” tweets are hitting the mark. We already got one lump of coal with the bowl game. That hire would be another.

Belk shouldn’t be allowed to have a bowl with an ACC tie-in if they aren’t going to consider 3/4 of the conference. It’s horseshit.

Personally, I was on the Military Bowl bandwagon. More interesting destination than Charlotte, and the Navy folks would probably show up to see CPJ off. As it is, we're going to a lousy destination the day after Christmas with yet another team that doesn't want to be there and gets boatraced by 6-6 enigma Minnesota.

As for the Belk bowl, it seems like they don't ignore 3/4 of the ACC so much as they just ignore us. Here's their ACC team selection record.

4x UNC
3x NC State
2x Wake
2x UVA
1x Duke
1x Clemson
1x VPI
1x Louisville
1x BC

By my count, the missing teams are GT, FSU, Miami, Pitt, and Syracuse. Which one of those is 200 miles away and likes going to Charlotte?

As for me, I've been to all but 2 of the games CPJ coached, so I'll go to one more, but I'm not thrilled about this one and I'm expecting disappointment all around.

He is getting savaged on Twitter. Hopefully the “not Whisenhunt” tweets are hitting the mark. We already got one lump of coal with the bowl game. That hire would be another.

TStan did something amazing in all of this though. He got me to sign into Twitter for the first time in 8.5 years. That involved signing into an email account I haven't used in who even knows how long. So, he accomplished something, I guess.

The responses to Todd’s tweet:
WQj6ysu.jpg

Show some piss and vinegar Todd. Announce that we will vote against Charlotte as a venue for any ACC championships in the future.

Show some piss and vinegar Todd. Announce that we will vote against Charlotte as a venue for any ACC championships in the future.
The Championship should be played in a dome anyway. Unfortunately the only logical dome home in our footprint isis MBS which is home to "it mean's more" conference.

The Championship should be played in a dome anyway. Unfortunately the only logical dome home in our footprint isis MBS which is home to "it mean's more" conference.
They are right, you know. The SEC is clearly the best conference. The SEC takes care of its members. iiwii

Well, it will at least be warmer in the game in Detroit than the game in Charlotte, so there is at least that.

I hope is sleets in Charlotte for the Belk

Back