Is it even confirmed?

The Jacket

The Coat
I'm looking, but I don't see anything to officially confirm that 11 guys are out. I know we're hearing this things from the best sources short of being official, but I really want to know if it's for real before I become too upset.

Nothing official that I've seen yet. WSB-TV mentioned the UGAg problems, but they didn't touch the Tech story. I guess the closest it came to an "official" source was 680 The Fan this afternoon.

Originally posted by bobby dodds ghost:
Fox 5 did, and said that up to 20 more are in academic "trouble" along with the 11 who are out.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">That is a third our team. God I think I am going to throw up
puke.gif
. What the hell is going on over there?

I second that
puke.gif

This is all very upsetting. Jeeze, I was actually hoping to et some sleep tonight..

frown.gif

If there are eleven players who have failed at the present, and another 20 in trouble, there should be no doubt there is a deliberate attempt to sink Gailey's ship from the professorship or from the players themselves.

Nothing else could make any sense. That many players involving poor academic results is not an everyday occurance, nor is it a mere coincidence. It would have to be a conspiracy.

If it is coming from a hard-nosed stand by the professors, and UGA is having the same problem, what do the two coaches have in common, or what do the professorships at Tech and UGA have in common or both?

Will any other selected schools suddenly have the same type of problems? It will be interesting if we hear the same news from other selected colleges and universities.

If the problems are due to unhappy players, the AD and the school athletic committee should immediately make an investigation to find our why 30 players are unhappy and do not care about passing their subjects.

Trying to make some sense out of 30 athletes being in academic troubles. Any coach would know if 30 of his players were in academic trouble if the players were advising the tutors of problems. This appears to be the results of a much bigger problem.

Tis very interesting.

drinking.gif

And today things are strangely silent as the media squeezes off the news about UGAg. Could the TECH news have been a smoke screen portrayed as worse than it really is? Shock and awe? It's starting to look a little more like Georgia Tech has SAs that will have to go to Summer school. That's not really big news but it could be inflated to lessen the effects of another UGAg bombshell. Something's rotten about this.

If the hill raised the standards then Tech athletics will never be the same. No positive spill on this would help.

I really believe because of Tech's non-negative media over the years in regards to these kinds of things (not like GAG) - they may be holding off (TV stations) in their attempt to make sure they are getting the story right!

Tech has not had any negative press over the years in regards to academics other then the graduation rate for athletes and that formula is awful.

I remember Chan saying that the graduation rate for athletes was the same as the overall student population at Tech and that George O'Leary got a bum rap. He said the student population graduated 70+ percent and so did the football program. He also chastised the NCAA formula for coming up with that formula ...transfers count as non-grads.

Back