Is it true that CG has not given out

bizzybee

Damn Good Rat
the number of scholarships that were available? Anybody know why? I mean...geez, not that we have a depth problem or anything...and not that the idiots-in-charge screwed us with flunkgate and the latest academic problems...

Why would he be stingy seeing as we NEED players! Could he not find enough good players that meet academic standards?

I have also heard that it is not in the program's interest for the head coach NOT to be responsible for the academic responsibilities of the players. The players will perform better off the field if their coach is aware of what goes on in classroom. Did CG tell DB he does not want to deal with that?

A lot of questions...maybe no answers. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I like how you ask a question, then assume an answer and act as though it's true.

There were a total of 9 scholarships that went unused during Gailey's first 2 seasons. I am not positive about last year, but I believe we could have signed the full 25, but only signed 22-23.

I'm not for sure on this but if some are held back wouldn't they be used for JR. College transfers so that they could come in the winter semester and be ready for spring and fall?

Not that I agree with everything going on down there but at least he isn't just throwing them away like we did in the mid 80's to players that shouldn't even be on the field.

[ QUOTE ]
Have we even attempted to get JC's?

[/ QUOTE ]

We got Woods and Johnson from Morris Brown, we got the transfer from Louisville, and we have awarded scholarships to walk-ons like PJ. I am assuming that is the reason he doesn't just give out a full allotment of scholarships.

Back